Short term booking Manila - Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Camiguin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be in the Philippines soon (arriving in Manila) but we will fliy to Cebu soon after.

Since some time, Cebu Pacific no longer accepts payments via foreign credit cards for online bookings, so it seems we'll have to book once we are there.

Does someone know how much a Cebu Pacific one-way ticket Manila-Cebu would typically cost per person if bought just before departure in the airport ?

Thanks !

Kris

try giving them a call. I recall a previous post saying that they may accept foreign cards via phone.

I think a one way is about PHP2,000. Could be less with promotions. Be mindful of their strict luggage restrictions lately.

your other option would be to buy it from Philippine Airlines- they do have promo fares these days about the same price as Cebu Pac and i know they accept foreign-released credit cards... otherwise, you will get a good rate by coursing the flight through an agency than buying it before departure.

your other option would be to buy it from Philippine Airlines- they do have promo fares these days about the same price as Cebu Pac and i know they accept foreign-released credit cards... otherwise, you will get a good rate by coursing the flight through an agency than buying it before departure.

I have gone with Philippine Airlines for this very reason. I think they have a higher check on bag weight allowance and better on time departure. Cebu Pacific gets delayed usually by noon on most of their flights out of Manila. CP had so many added fees the last time I tried to book with them I thought the two airlines were about even after figuring all the added fees. I have successfully booked with CP from the US but I did have to call them overseas longdistance.

i've noticed that for sort-of-last minute trips, the pal econolight class is a pretty good deal. you'll only have 15 kgs of luggage allowance and no snacks tho. but thats the same as what you'd get flying with cbu pacific.

try giving them a call. I recall a previous post saying that they may accept foreign cards via phone.

I think a one way is about PHP2,000. Could be less with promotions. Be mindful of their strict luggage restrictions lately.

I called the Cebu Pacific call center, but I encountered the same problem there. They seem to get no authorization for my VISA card, whatever that means. When I called my bank afterwards, they checked and confirmed that there has been no rejection of any kind on my VISA so the issue seems to be from the Cebu Pacific side.

Not sure if they have any plans doing something about this, but I surely believe that they are missing a lot of business from abroad because of this.

I ended up booking the MNL - CEB one-way trip with Philippine Airlines through their callcenter. I paid about 6400 pesos for 4 people.

For another sector (Gen San - Cebu), I booked online with Air Philippines and that went through without any problems whatsoever. So we will be visiting the "pristine reefs of South Mindanao" soon :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom