Anyone diving with Silent World Key Largo 7/13-7/17 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codeman00

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone from here is going to be diving with Silent World Divers on 7/13-7/17. Hopefully we can do a couple of night dives that week.

I am considering diving with them the week of Aug 2nd. Let me know about your experience...

07/16 - Christ Statue and North Dry Rocks
07/20 - City of Washington and South Ledges

It's our first time diving in the Keys so my girlfriend and I are excited!
Both are afternoon dives.

So far so good...a great dive operation. I'll post a full report next week. Banana Reef is up there as one of the best dives I've ever had!

I dove with them 7/13. The crew was good. The captain was experienced and did a great job of dodging a surfaced turtle on the way in even with a wicked surface glare.

The boats offer zero cover from the sun. Do not plane well loaded. The ladder pretty much inhales (TOS edit) and is tight. The tank racks are nice as they are the large square foot and bungie holding everything.

IMHO COnch Republic has them beat by miles. If Gary would lose those stupid PVC boots and go with bungies I'd have no offers of further improvement.

So far it's looking like...

17 PM - City of Washington / Anchor chain
18 AM - Spiegel Grove 2x
18 PM - Spiegel Grove / Benwood
19 AM - Molasses Reef / French Reef
19 PM - Christ of the Abyss / HorseShoe
20 AM - Spiegel Grove 2x

And I'd really like to squeeze a night dive somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom