Anyone diving with Silent World Key Largo 7/13-7/17 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The boats offer zero cover from the sun. Do not plane well loaded.

Island Hoppers have cover for 1/3rd the deck (same as Conchs I believe) and my delta has the same plus a bimini top covering the rest of it :)

Thanks for the comments re the crew and the racks.

Island hoppers dont plane well FULL :) It was ITK, they were jammed!

Hey,
this will be our second trip. I highly recomend it. Its a great time, chris a silent world are great to deal with,,,,

I dive frequently with both SW and CRD - depends on what trips are planned.

Both of their Island Hoppers offer similar features - CRD's has has center post fins on ladder. The shop/dock situations at CRD is superior, but I do love getting up to Carysfort with SW.

I should note I am not a big boat fan when the weather is calm or the big boat is crowded, but that is just me.

I dove with them 7/13. The crew was good. The captain was experienced and did a great job of dodging a surfaced turtle on the way in even with a wicked surface glare.

The boats offer zero cover from the sun. Do not plane well loaded. The ladder pretty much inhales (TOS edit) and is tight. The tank racks are nice as they are the large square foot and bungie holding everything.

IMHO COnch Republic has them beat by miles. If Gary would lose those stupid PVC boots and go with bungies I'd have no offers of further improvement.

Just wanted to say thank you SO much to Pat and Keith for the amazing job they did at making my girlfriend and I feel comfortable in the water!! Silent World is the WAY TO GO for the Key Largo trips in my opinion!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom