Anyone want to come laugh at the new drysuit diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just checked Chuck's page and the forecast for Saturday looks NICE
of course the weather will be nice...Brewski won't be there.

Jim,

Is Miller diving with drygloves or wet? Did you get him the Otter helmet to protect him from the Sea Nettles? :)

Hey Mike,

Congrats on the suit! I'd love to come watch, but sorry, I'll be diving Lobos on Saturday too.

:rofl3::rofl3: - This is great, I'm no longer the newest drysuit diver on the block :wink:!

Have fun & enjoy the warmth :wink:!

I hope you post pictures!

Realistically, it takes about 20 dives in a drysuit before you feel really comfortable again.

You'll never go back, Mike. I was in Cabo and brought my drysuit because the water temp was 70 degrees. I also brought the same drysuit to Alaska and dove in 41 degree water, just changed the undergarments.

I use these instead of the smurf gloves and they work very well.

Now that you are dry you will notice all the parts of your body that get cold, where as before everything was cold. Hands are going to be one part. Some people have their feet get cold. Everyone loses a lot of heat through their heads. The Otter Bay hood is the hood of choice for Monterey, along with any other reasonably cold water.

Realistically, it takes about 20 dives in a drysuit before you feel really comfortable again.

You'll never go back, Mike. I was in Cabo and brought my drysuit because the water temp was 70 degrees. I also brought the same drysuit to Alaska and dove in 41 degree water, just changed the undergarments. .

:popcorn:I'd switch back to my 5mm in a split second - when the water hits 77F :D:D

:popcorn:I'd switch back to my 5mm in a split second - when the water hits 77F :D:D

Kathy,

I don't think Dan ever owned a wetsuit, I've never seen a pic of him other than in his drysuit... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom