Thread Deleted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

contender

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Can a mod tell me why(in a pm) why the exploration thread got deleted? This is the kind of stuff people need to know to prevent a death.

They need to make it public. That might prevent someone from getting hurt.

seriously? an open water diver 1000' back in a cave and we delete the thread?

Normally when a thread suddenly disappears it's being "cleaned" and will later reappear without disparaging or insulting posts. This may or may not be the case here. I emphasize that I am not a MOD and this is only a guess.

:shakehead: That thread had some good info in it.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

it's being looked at in the back room at the moment.

Normally when a thread suddenly disappears it's being "cleaned" and will later reappear without disparaging or insulting posts. This may or may not be the case here. I emphasize that I am not a MOD and this is only a guess.

Bad part is that there was nothing to clean this time.

locking the thread may be more appropriate, but removing a thread is irresponsible. if the thread has false information, then prefix the thread with a post saying so (or that it's being looked into). this type of moderation is what kills a sense of community (which is what scubaboard.com is).

AHH TC is on the job. He is pretty fair. I will wait and see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom