Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Wicked, thanks for the post! I'm thinking of this zs3 camera myself. Some questions: How's the battery life? And do you find the flash too strong, not strong enough....? Does the diffuser take care of backscatter? How about the dark bottom corner that is common in these setups when using the internal flash? Any negatives to this camera?

Thanks for your help.

Anyone knows how to get 10 bar products ? I cannot find any distributor, and for the Zs3, nothing about the case is available on ebay.

thanks !

to get this 10 bar i think you may have to ask them directly at Contact Us.

as for the SD card situation..i cannot comment on that as i don't know the conditions..If you say NZ then would the weather have anything to do with it? What brand are you using? i use SANDISK ULTRA 2 ..

i live in Asia so the coldest i have taken it is 21 degrees C...ie Bali..which is as cold as i ever want it to be...

Hi Wicked, thanks for the post! I'm thinking of this zs3 camera myself. Some questions: How's the battery life? And do you find the flash too strong, not strong enough....? Does the diffuser take care of backscatter? How about the dark bottom corner that is common in these setups when using the internal flash? Any negatives to this camera?

Thanks for your help.
Madacub - i havent had any issues so far and the light is quite powerful for land shots..as for u/w , i didnt see any dark corners etc...for battery life..it really depends how you use it whcih is the same for any device..eg i can do 2-3 dives with max 20 min each video plus shots..i set to standby after 1 min and LCD is reactive

this is my 10bar housing. notice the cylyndrical protrusion for the flash. Dnt know what difference it will make fr d flat one Wicked Innit posted.

Attachments

• P1000345.jpg
    P1000345.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 225
I just brought a new panasonic case down. Mine is the DMW MCFT1 for the FT1 lumix. All are essentially the same case. Damn good camera.

At approximately 151'/46m the camera went haywire... couldn't select anything or even stop filming, and the system shut itself down. I was trying to see how deep it could really go. 46m seems to be the operational limit. Crush depth I don't want to know...

Reason: the buttons compressed into the case and pushed down simultaneously... as far as I know.

d OEM UW case is only up to 40mts.

Yes, it says "40M" on it in big letters right on the front of the case... I'm just the idiot in the divestore who tries to see if it really makes it that deep and works. This one passed! 46M until functionality goes, just reporting.

a saturation diver friend had brought his Sony in OEM case down to 50mts & its ok.
so, maybe its a case to case thing. :)

hmmm... am thinking of getting Pana OEM case instead... been waiting for my 10bar replacement for more than a month already!!
Wicket & Hydro, hows ur cases? can it add on tray & arms for light? & would u know if there's availability of o-rings for replacements? Both d main & for the knobs, if need be?

Back
Top Bottom