R.I.P PacketSniffer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I am a bit late to the thread. I've participated in a number of other threads about Richard. I won't go into a much detail about my relationship with Richard, I've done that on a bunch of different threads, but I was in Richard's initial CCR class with another Texas diver that I believe participates here and goes by the screen name Rigdiver.

After speaking to Rigdiver, he thought it would be appropriate for me to post a picture of the three of us from Richard's class. Both of us watched Richard unpack and assemble his rebreather, and take the first breaths off of it.

I also had the pleasure of running the line course for Richards initial overhead training. I am including pics of both here.

Attachments

• RMork_CCRClass.jpg
    RMork_CCRClass.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 133
  • RMork_CavernClass.jpg
    RMork_CavernClass.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 120
I am just in shock, I have just learned of this news, I was in TN without internet for about a week and come home to hear that such a great person has passed. I have dove with Richard on several occasions, one of those being the 1st ZD picnic where he had just gotten his underwater mp3 player. We had lots of fun in Twin Lakes with the blue gill that just could not figure out where the noise was coming from, they were so interested in the earphones. And we were soon summoned as the rain had turned from light to crazy, and we never knew anything was going on above!! Just a peaceful Sunday dive after a wonderful weekend with friends!

Richard, You will be greatly missed by all of us, you were a wonderful dive buddy, teacher, friend, and loved one to many!! I can only pray you had a peaceful exit from this world! You will never be forgotten!!!

I wish to express my dearest heartfelt condolences to his family, friends and acquaintances !

Rest in Peace Richard, you have touched so many in your short time with us, you will be missed.

See you on the other side one day, Brother.

Every now and then we are reminded how dangerous this sport can be. Be careful out there folks.

Hard to believe it has been a year since Richard's death. He comes to mind quite regularly.

Willie

As sad as this all is, thank you for bumping this thread. This unfortunate event was before my "time" here on Scubaboard, so I've spent the last 2hrs or so reading through all of the threads on various forums and looking at the pictures, etc.

I feel like I sort of know the man, or at least the kind of man, that Richard likely was.

I guess his legacy does live on. :)

I still think about Richard every now and then.

I still miss him.

As sad as this all is, thank you for bumping this thread. This unfortunate event was before my "time" here on Scubaboard, so I've spent the last 2hrs or so reading through all of the threads on various forums and looking at the pictures, etc.

I feel like I sort of know the man, or at least the kind of man, that Richard likely was.

I guess his legacy does live on. :)

I did the same and feel similarly. Really sad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom