Subic Scuba College...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya, mail sucks here too. we have decided to go with electronic for our next ones, don't trust the mail here anymore, never arrives :) took 7 months to receive some masks :)

Been to Scuba College twice in the past 5 months and ANDY bent over backwards to get what we needed. Three cheers for ANDY and congradulations with your fiancee. Hopefully will be back there soon.

Bruce

PADI decided to totally revamp their website this year but apparently hired complete boobs to do it for them and have been having terrible technical trouble with it for several months.

R..
PADI hires boobs!?!?!?

so they're like hooters now???

oh yeah!!!

*oops... sorry... back to the topic*

Jag

I understand the frustration of the original poster. He paid his money and completed his part of the agreement and would like to get his cert card in a reasonable amount of time. But I also believe in giving people a fair chance to rectify the situation first before flaming them. I am still trying to get a cert card from a dive center and 2 of my buddies are in the same situation waiting for their OW certs. The common problem seems to be PADIs online PIC system or lack of user friendliness in knowing when there is a problem. A link to my thread about the same type of issues brought up here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/q-scuba-certification-agencies/302302-padi-cert-cards.html

Hmmm... hmmm... I generally hand the student a temporary card, good for 30 days, at the completion of a course, which covers a lot of sins in the processing and delivery of the final plastic C-Card.
But then that's SSI... :)
Rick

This is my first note on this forum, so i hope i have sent this note to the right place.

This is just a friendly reminder to all PADI members (CD's, Instructors, AI's and DM's) that if you or your customers experience any difficulties or problems that has something to do with PADI, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm just a local phone call or text message away. You can text me and I'm happy to give you a call.
If divers don't receive their certification card for some reason and their certifying instructor is having difficulties solving the problem, the instructor can always contact me and we will sort out the problem. I'm very happy to try and help out.
Unfortunately PADI can't do much about slow Internet connections, but we are very much aware that in many places in Asia it is a big problem to use the Internet. In all fairness the Internet access in the Philippines is slowly getting better - also in more remote areas.

Best diving regards:)

Jimmy Christrup
PADI representative in the Philippines
mobile: (+63) 917 825 1585

Somewhat off-topic but I'd like to join the many other posters in extending my congratulations to Andy. We're all assuming, if course, that the lucky lady said Yes! to his proposal :wink:

Andy - I think you should leave the SB riff-raff behind and have your wedding back here in lovely Devon; mid-January would be blissful with sub-zero temperatures and a blanket of frost over everything, sleet showers and the wrong kind of leaves on the tracks to delay guests to your wedding! :D

Back on topic - perhaps a moderator should amend this thread title in view of the (perceived) resolution of the OP's complaint and the retraction of one of his main accusations against Subic Scuba College? Not to do so may suggest substantiation of the alleged 'Warning'. (Sorry, I can't help being a lawyer :shakehead:)

Tempest in a teapot (in American English) is an idiom meaning a small event that has been exaggerated out of proportion.

BTW what does OP stand for???

Thanks for that.

OTOH, W-T-F does BTW stand for?

TTFN,

Larry

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom