Cave Diving is a solo responsibility conducted as a social activity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, unless we're ice diving, litehedded keeps us from adopting a "team standard" in catheters :shakehead:

I hear there's a pump that might be able to help you rise to his standard :rofl3::rofl3:

Where'd you get that quote?

Some of the most impressive dives (in open water and cave diving) have involved a team mentality. I'm sure each and every one of those true team divers can, and they certainly do quite a bit.

My buddies and I are a team from when we get up in the morning before a dive, in the water, and till the last bit of equipment is broken down and packed away at the end of the day. This strong sense of camaraderie results in a commitment not only to ourselves, but each other.

I Guess being self sufficient isn't in your team hand book. Does this mean no man left behind? Do you dive as a group and die as a group?
What commitment would you possibly make. We're talking diving, not a life long till death do us part thing here. ( or maybe we are) Do you dive with anyone but your team?

I'm very close to the people I dive with even if I just meet them that day. I dive often with people that I never meet before that day. I guess you don't do that.
Being self sufficient is a lot more important than some team. When the time comes and it's you or him guess what happens. Self preservation is a funny thing.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom