Diving The Red Sea - A Cheater's Guide???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabr by boat is nice. Anywhere by camal is torture!

Wouldn't say its the best dive sites in the red sea here but they're OK like everywhere else. Technical diving wise we have the blue hole arch, the canyon, the "little canyon" at Talha, Neptune's chair and so on. Pretty reef shallower than 30m but none of the big stuff.

My advice would be a liveaboard to brothers, elphinstone and so on. If the purpose of your trip is purely to dive then it has to be a liveaboard.

Thanks string... And I like the signature mate :) Sic em!

I'll chime in like the broken record I am.

Dahab has some great dives for someone of my level and it would seem great dives for those beyond it (altho of course I can't personally comment on those).

Sharm is good but I found it crazy busy on the occasions I went. Way too busy. But perhaps there is an off the beaten track there that I wasn't privy to.

The South I really love. Brothers, Daedalus, Elphinstone. Liveabord out of Marsa Alam . About €1000 for a week. Lots of big stuff. Viz very good (June), say 25m most dives (without checking log). For me this was the most amazing trip.

Samaka's website I found a superb reference/research tool so I'd recommend checking that out.

Cheers,
J

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom