New Diver and the Marines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whiplash

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hows it going, My name is Dan and currently I'm in the United States Marine Corps, and I'm on deployment. I had a chance to get scuba qualified and now im working on going for my advanced course... so far it has been an awesome experience and i know its one of those things that im going to be sticking with especially when i get beck in the states as i am stationed in southern California, i cant wait to dive out there. but right now my only experience has been in Japan, i couldn't have picked a better place to learn... any ways I hope i can learn a lot from this board as well as meet a lot of new people with experience in all sorts of waters.

talk to you soon,
Whiplash

Whiplash: Congratulations on getting certified as a SCUBA diver. You can find a lot of good information on this board, locations to dive, equipment reviews and suggestions, dive buddies, local instruction and much more.

If you are coming back to "The stumps" or Camp Pendelton, MCRD, El Toro, or any other base in
Southern California, you will find lots of opportunities to dive. Southern California shore diving is great. There are also Lot's of boats, and more.

Stay on the this board, look around, a lot of information here. Welcome aboard Marine.

Semper Fidelis, USMC 1968-1972

Congrats on getting certified, and thanks for serving...and always keep you head and butt down...currntly USNR

Hit me up when you get stationed on the east Coast. The diving is awesome, tons better than Oki but expensive.

Simper Fi

Nothing beats a good, cold day of Southern California diving.

Please let us know where you are based when you get to the west coast.

Back
Top Bottom