Does Nitrox make you feel better? (split from Nitrox on OW course)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a question for those who feel less tired after using Nitrox.

Do you feel less tired after a dive with an average depth of 40 fsw than after a dive with an average depth of 60 fsw all on air?

I have a question for those who feel less tired after using Nitrox.

Do you feel less tired after a dive with an average depth of 40 fsw than after a dive with an average depth of 60 fsw all on air?
I don't think the effect is felt on one dive, or even several dives, it is (at least for me) cumulative after several days of repetitive diving.

I don't think the effect is felt on one dive, or even several dives, it is (at least for me) cumulative after several days of repetitive diving.

I totally agree. I can really feel a difference on livaboards.

I've noticed that as my diving progressed and I became more comfortable and relaxed in the water, I wasn't nearly as tired in general after a dive - whether on air or nitrox. I remember when I did my OW dives I was all but DEAD after the first two dives. Now it doesn't really phase me. I think the newbie tendency to tense up during a dive also contributes to post-dive fatigue. I feel about as tired after a day of diving as I do after a long day of fishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom