Area Gulf Water Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturday took a small group of 8 divers to the Sheridan. My Dive Master reported about 25 feet of vis and water temp about 70. Seas a little rough. videos of GG on our web site of that trip. Scuba Dive Florida - Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters - Diving Tampa, Clearwater, St.Petersburg - Dive Trip Charter Boat NO other boats in sight!
Sunday we had a small group new divers and I also had to do a cert for a Open Water diver from Quebec so we did the Vet Airplane Barge. Vis about 15 feet and seas very calm. Lots of other boats.
NOT happy about the next front we are going to get this week. 20 knot winds.
Capt. Mike

NOT looking good for this weekend!!

Gulf off Madeira Beach, Sat 12-12
70' & 75' deep, 25' to 30' vis
45' deep, 20' vis
Seas 4' down to 1.5'
65*F to 67*F

Did 1 dive yesterday, about 27 miles off LBK. My max depth was 103, temp at the bottom was 69, vis was not very good, 10' would be generous. Managed to shoot a couple fish but the vis did not make it easy, lots of gags out there though. Did much better with hook and line...

Yesterday had about 25' of vis in area of the Sheridan. 56 for temp on bottom. Had closer to 40' of vis south of Blackthorn. Very fishy in the 75' - to 85' range.

worked 75-85' about 20 miles out of John's Pass, roughly 8-10 miles south from the Sheridan. Best vis I had was 10'. Water warmed up a couple to 57 on the bottom. Was 55 last week in that area. Holding fish but they are up in their holes. Blue water on top down to about 50' and then it fades fast. Stopped at the Sheridan on the way home for $hits and giggles. Wanted to see if any jacks were on it. I ran into the thing so that pretty much ended that dive.

Back at again on Saturday before the closure hits.

Went out yesterday about 30 miles offshore Bayport, FL. Water was 55* at 50' vis was 10'.
Second dive was in about 30' deep, temp was 54* and vis was 6'.
No fish were killed on these dives but the water was as flat calm as you will ever get in the gulf!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom