Dive sites around Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Im going to be around Venice in March. Is there an area around Venice that would have some marine life. Something a little more then shark tooth hunting. Although that does look interesting
Thanks
Rick

There's plenty! --- There's some artificial reefs just a bit farther out, (3-7 miles) that have some stuff and even better stuff farther offshore. There's also some great sites a little farther north (off Bradenton which is 2 towns up) Plenty to see in the area. If you do a charter, most will be in 45-75 feet, and conditions and sites vary depend on what they put you on.

As for the toothing, careful as it can be trouble. Once you find a few, you can't stop. The big one is always the next one.

Thanks for the reply Goindrinkn. I would like to stay in Venice my house is in Port Charlotte so it’s not far and I heard the beach is good. It’s always good to have a recommendation for a charter so if anyone has being on one in Venice and had a good time I would appreciate the name of the business
Thanks
Have a good Dive

Not really a good time to dive the gulf. Conditions have been less than favorable. 3-5 ft. vis and low 60's on the surface and 50's at 15ft.

welcome to SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom