Looking To Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobthegoalie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there any trips planned or any groups getting together soon? Just looking to get back in the water to get the season started off right! :D

Just missed a good weekend of diving at Mermet this past weekend.

I will try to remember to keep you in the loop if I hear of anything...

Phil

Local only or road trip?
I have signed up with a local dive shop to go the Vortex Springs in Fl. and the end of February. Price is pretty good, 125.00 for round trip bus fare and of course the fees at Vortex. (25/night lodging, 19/day diving)

That is not bad. What dive shop is it?

That is not bad. What dive shop is it?

Gateway Scuba on right off of Teson Ferry.
Google gateway scuba in saint louis and it should be there.

You will have a good time at Vortex Springs. I did a checkout dive for my OW there. The water temp is pretty consistent. I am taking that you are not going into the cave system that is below the pools since you don't have many dives. While you are down in Florida you might try to get some more dives. There is always the USS Oriskany(sp) that is an awesome dive if you have the time.

bs63366 makes a good point.

If you find your way near Pensacola, with time to make the dives, the Oriskany is an awesome dive. It is 1.5 hours from Vortex and is a half day dive trip to make the dives. We'd be happy to share information and assist you in scoping out the logistics and planning the trip. It could be worked into a long weekend trip to Vortex, or as a stand-alone trip of it's own. There are over 100 distinct and interesting sites accessible from Pensacola. I hope we can interest you in visiting us. Drop me a email, or give a call, I'd be happy to answer your questions. Look forward to hearing from you.

Capt. Jim
Dr Dive
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com
850.932.6602 office
617.943.5553 cell

I have been to pensacola before. We stayed on the military base. I am hoping to go back soon. Maybe before June but def before the end of summer. When I do I will give you a call.

Back
Top Bottom