Is it OK to travel to Thailand recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even last time when it got REALLY bad and the airports were shut, the rest of the city was fine. There really are very few protesters and they are always concentrated in one particular area. Their anger is not with tourists, so there really is little to worry about.

My spearo buddy just got back from a 3 week trip there and had no problems.

I'm 150 miles from Bangkok, and have just come back up from the South.
No problems here or down there.

Just be sensible, you'll have no problems.

Rach xx

You can find great diving off Phuket all year round - some of the best visibility on daytrips to Racha Yai and Racha Noi can be seen during the Green Season - June to September.

Its less crowded and hotel prices are a lot cheaper during the Green Season.

So, come anytime....

Even last time when it got REALLY bad and the airports were shut, the rest of the city was fine. There really are very few protesters and they are always concentrated in one particular area. Their anger is not with tourists, so there really is little to worry about.

Just to add.....both the Yellow and the Red shirts actually LOVE the tourists.

Just to add my observations also. Just spent a week in Koh Tao after a week in Bangkok. Had no problems, we even ran into a Red Shirt Ralley on Sukamavit and just detoured around it. Headed back to Bangkok right now and I'm not worried. Will be headed to Koh Chang next week to try out the diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom