Who has dived the Vandenberg and is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah! One of my favorite dives so far! I went out with Subtropic and dived with a couple NJ guys who were on it the day before scoping it out for some easy penetration.

We did two dives on it. The first was pretty much back and forth through the hall ways, and the second was the same, but we ended it with a drift dive along the topside which was fun! (the boat live dropped us at the first mooring ball, and we drifted back to the last one)

Growth is pretty new, but it's not a pristine white like it was when they first sank it!

IT's worth it!!!

Not to be a contrairian, but IMO, there are better wrecks in the Keys - I did it last June; the current was OK, but the viz was awful - maybe 15'

Lots of reports of bad viz and ripping currents - and the diving in KW is not the equal of Key Largo, or Islamorada.

I'm a "local" (Miami), and just think there are better wrecks in the Miami area, as well as the upper Keys - not in a hurry to repeat the Vandenberg.

Definitely worth it.

I spent 3 days last September back-to-back-to-back on the wreck.

Good mix of recreational and technical diving possible. Some good opportunities for practicing good wreck penetration too.

There are plenty of good wrecks in Florida. Each with it's own personality. Each with something to offer. The Vandenberg is no different.

I'll be back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom