Snap on primary reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hory

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I got a 7ft hose on my primary reg. I saw some pictures of divers with a snap on the primary reg. What is this snap for? To keep the primary reg safe while enroute and back from the dive site?

Thanks in advance.

Hory:
Hi, I got a 7ft hose on my primary reg. I saw some pictures of divers with a snap on the primary reg. What is this snap for? To keep the primary reg safe while enroute and back from the dive site?

Thanks in advance.

Cave divers have adopted the use of a 7' primary reg hose so that you may hand it off and the diver using it can swim behind you if necessary and so on. The clip is so that when you are obligated to a decompression stop or you are using a different gas your primary Reg dosen't hang around where it's not supposed to be!

Hory:
NTDS, yes, that sounds logical. Thanks for the explanation.

Hory

I use a 7' foot long hose for all of my diving, cave, recreational or tech.

The clip (SS bolt snap) is used to clip the long hose off onto the right chest D-Ring whenever the reg is not in use. It gets clipped off as soon as I mount my reg onto my tank.

Marc Hall
www.enjoythedive.com
www.sdue.org

Marc,

You said: "The clip (SS bolt snap) is used to clip the long hose off onto the right chest D-Ring whenever the reg is not in use." - ok. That makes sense.

On your second point: "It gets clipped off as soon as I mount my reg onto my tank." - I don't quite follow what you meant here. Wouldn't you have it clipped to the d-ring when not in use so that the reg doesn't wander about in the boat risking a tank crashing down on it or someone stepping the reg?

For me, my primary reg is either in my zipped reg bag, in my mouth or clipped off, if you leave it unsecured it will find it's way into trouble.

Ben

Hory:
Marc,

You said: "The clip (SS bolt snap) is used to clip the long hose off onto the right chest D-Ring whenever the reg is not in use." - ok. That makes sense.

On your second point: "It gets clipped off as soon as I mount my reg onto my tank." - I don't quite follow what you meant here. Wouldn't you have it clipped to the d-ring when not in use so that the reg doesn't wander about in the boat risking a tank crashing down on it or someone stepping the reg?

Hory, that is exactly what I am saying. The long hose reg gets clipped off
on my D-Ring as I am rigging up my gear and stays clipped unless I am
using it.

Marc

Marc,

Got it. It's a matter of terms. Clipped on to me means it's clipped to the D-ring, clipped off means it's off the D-ring. Pardon my confusion.

Hory

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom