Excess "stuff"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So I have just begun my adventure into Scuba and along the way I somehow have acquired a lot of excess "stuff". What I mean is I would find a piece that I wanted off of Facebook marketplace and that piece would come with other things. So after this weekends trip, I got everything all cleaned and situated, then I started dividing and conquering. Oh my lord!!!!

I have an excess of stuff= inflator hoses, hoses off of primary and secondary stages, pressure gauges with hoses, first stages, as well as primary and secondary stage regulators.

The hoses appear to be in operating order. The pressure gauges are operational. The first stages all look good. However, the primary and secondary stage components... They are very old and to send them all off to get serviced... I could just buy new if I wanted.

I have two perfectly fine regulator set ups for myself... but what do I do with all of this stuff besides keep it in a box?? I get one is none... but good Lord I seem to need an intervention with all of the stuff I quickly accumulated getting into this hobby (7 months!!!)

Any advice is appreciated for a new Scuba Jedi.

Ha ha ha....

1000002361.jpg

Not even close to all of it....

I’ve found that selling the big stuff and then either giving away the smaller stuff or trying to sell it in lots is the easiest way. If you have local divers who are friends on FB, just post it on your own page first and see if you have any bites. I sold about all my extra stuff this way and had people fighting over the smaller stuff.

I have a small space and so can’t keep everything. I’ve committed two cardinal sins - getting rid of guns and scuba gear.

😂🤣

Bring it with you on dive trips to remote places and donate it to the shop or directly to the staff.
We are fortunate to have stuff.
That's a great idea, your donated gear would have to be better than some of the staff gear sets I've seen in remote areas of Indo and PNG :oops:

I agree: donating is an excellent idea. Is it possible to donate more locally, to a Boys and Girls Club, YMCA/YWCA, Boy/Girl Scout troop, high school, etc.? Would they be able to make use of it? (Would they be able to retain a scuba instructor who to teach these kids using some of this donated gear?)

rx7diver

What is the hunk of scrap in the lower left? No matter, I'll take it off your hands--you know, to free up some space for you. You're welcome.

rx7diver
Arrange/coordinate/pay the shipping and the one it replaced is yours....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom