"logged Dives"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, my question is, how much my log will influence on my development as a diver
Logs have no influence whatsoever on your development as a diver ... only experience in the water can do that.

when it comes to certifications and recognition, can I, supposedly, just “make up” a log and bring it to the instructor to speed up the process?

Faking a dive log is like faking an orgasm ... you're only cheating yourself ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Logs have no influence whatsoever on your development as a diver ... only experience in the water can do that.

Faking a dive log is like faking an orgasm ... you're only cheating yourself ...

Hah. Well, when I started, I logged every dive, I wanted so bad to hit my 100 dives for solo diver. But as I watched people with no skill go for master diver and pass, I realized dive shops in general seem to be pushing people through the classes.

Logging in general didn't help me overcome my problems, analysis at the end of dives from experienced tech divers did. I never wrote down my epic fails, but I do recall them and how I should have responded.

Like I said, it's a bull**** requirement for an industry that self regulates based on making maximum profit for themselves (in general,however I've met some amazing folks who aren't that way).

NWGratefulDiver, I could not agree more!!!

But as I watched people with no skill go for master diver and pass, I realized dive shops in general seem to be pushing people through the classes.

Master Diver just shows that you took ever cert that they had to offer, which don't get me wrong, is great on one respect, but doesn't make you a good diver.

Sometimes it's boring and you just want an less-awkward excuse to take a shower and go home...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom