"logged Dives"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people like to know just how many hours they've spent u/w so they add this to their logs (wish I had done that!).

I began with logging my training dives and noting things like how I was feeling, how much weight I used, any problems I had, fish I saw. It's a good way to see progress.

You can use it as a great reference to see what worked and what didn't, how much weight you used in different conditions with different exposure suits.

Many places they they will ask for a log book but personally I never have had anyone ask and I don't require it because some people just don't do it. It's not a requirement.

Personally, I logged my first 400 dives and have fun going back and reading them from 23 years ago. I wish, I really wish, I had logged them. Sometimes it's a pain to do but you'll be glad you have a record. You can get a log book in any dive shop or even make your own.

You can use a dive computer to "log" all dives, then just expound on the ones that you found unquie enough to warrent the time.

I just logged a 9 minute dive that was basically the best dive of my life. A family of sea lions was curious about us and just swam around us as we floated there. The boat wanted to leave though, so we had to cut it short.

People really pad the log for DM advancement? I thought you only needed 50 dives or something?

You can use a dive computer to "log" all dives, then just expound on the ones that you found unquie enough to warrent the time.

I suggest one of these: divecable.com

That way you don't get raped on the price by the manufacturer cause they added a few bits for a sig in the hardware.

People really pad the log for DM advancement? I thought you only needed 50 dives or something?

Not necessarily "pad" but "recreate". One of my dive buddies had nearly 200-dives, and a pretty damn good diver. Yet he never logged a single dive outside of the requisite OW cert dives. He decided to take a PADI Divemaster course and now he has to go back and put all the dives on paper, unless he can show the dive computer's log and the instructor would accept it that way.

Do a search--there are many threads on this.

A logged dive is a dive that is written or recorded!
Some guys say they don't log dives but they will blog to no end about their dives!

A dive is a descent into (liquid) water: an activity under water using compressed gas; an ascent and return to the surface. No minimal or maximum time! FWIW

See you topside! John

Not necessarily "pad" but "recreate". One of my dive buddies had nearly 200-dives, and a pretty damn good diver. Yet he never logged a single dive outside of the requisite OW cert dives. He decided to take a PADI Divemaster course and now he has to go back and put all the dives on paper, unless he can show the dive computer's log and the instructor would accept it that way.

Unless he is known, and an industry member or qualifier is prepared to sign off on his damness. I'd suck the f rather than subject my self to that nightmare. Not the course. CPR. and Oxygen is good.

I never log my dives either, but I've got a rough idea of how many I've done just based on how often I dive and how long I've been doing it.

any dive you make-----you can log....

but, certainly you were not asking for that response.....Are you meaning (maybe) does it have to be with a buddy---& she/he signing off on it??...

Back
Top Bottom