What is your biggest Fear in diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed with the wife comment. I worry more about my spouse especially since she bounces to the surface too fast and tends to get lost in the beauty of it all.

Ditto on this. I definitely dive in defensive mode when with her. Which isn't a bad thing I guess.

An OOG diver grabbing one of my regulators and bolting for the surface.

An OOG diver grabbing one of my regulators and bolting for the surface.
That's why I keep mine attached to the tank valve.:wink:

I fear what is sometimes unavoidable...you know what I am talking about....

It's a two and a half hour boat ride from San Pedro out to the Blue Hole. You stride down the pier with the confidence that a seasoned diver has. You know it's all going to be good because your Save-A-Dive-Kit not only holds spare straps and O-rings but a delectable assortment of real food (fruit and nuts don't cut it) and your trusty iPod. As you near the boat the hair stands up on the back of your neck. You strain your eyes to make out the shapes before you a little clearer in the low light of the morning. No...It can't Be...But IT IS!!!

That's right...Mr. Neglectful parent and his swarm of poorly behaving brats ages 13-16. You realize now that you are fated to spend the next 12 hours trapped with a bunch of snot nosed kids while 'dad' hits on the skanky single chick that stumbled onto the boat at the last minute.

Worst...boat ride....EVER!

Wow, you sure are critical. Maybe you don't have any kids, so you don't have much empathy for them. Or perhaps you don't have much sympathy for a good father, an average guy who COULD avoid his kids like most, who is dedicating his life to helping give his kids the best he can.

Besides, she wasn't THAT skanky...:D

The risks and hazards are what they are.

My biggest "fear" is that one day I'll just not like diving anymore.

Seems silly and of course unfounded, doesn't it?

Current concerns me the most, it makes me concentrate on my navigation skills after having ascended down current of the boat and having to fight my way back to it. I've also experienced some up and down currents near pinnacles in open water. It's hard to go against the force of water.

My biggest fear is deciding I'm too busy to dive. I worked way too hard for way too long, was inspired by a dear friend to take up diving, and it changed my life. I am way more in control of my fate when I am diving. I trust my gear, I check my buddy's. Reefs rule, lakes are OK.... Love the underwater.

incompetent dive buddies. Probably why on vacation I look for ops that let me dive solo if I'm not with someone I know.

+1. I do lots of solo diving for this very reason. I actually like diving with and mentoring new divers, it's the incompetent ones that think they're good that worry me. It would really piss me off to have to abort a vacation dive because of someone else's stupidity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom