30/30 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrDuktayp

Reaction score
I currently have a couple of DUI suits a FLX5050 and a TLS350. Love them both. I have often wondered how the 3030 is to dive. The one thing I like with a wetsuit in warm water is that I don't have to worry about a feet first ascent. What kind of freedom does the 3030 allow? Can you be head down and feet up or does it dive just like normal and you have to worry about air in the feet/legs?

I do get cold easily and on my last vacation had to add a hood and vest to my 3/2 Wetsuit,

I've seen them on the DUI sale list off and on and wish I would have grabbed one when they were there.

Tom

The 30/30 is a great suit. Since getting mine I have not dived wet anywhere other than indoor heated pool working with students!

I've worn mine in Hawaii (x2), Florida (x3-4), Cayman Islands, Curacao, and Bonaire. You do get laughs and funny looks a fair bit, but that's OK.

No worries about floaty feet for two reasons. First, no attached boots. Second, the suit has a much more fitted cut (see second/third pic below) due to need for thinner undergarments.

I'm a huge fan of this suit, and I think DUI should stop keeping it as big a secret as they do!

On (under?) the Cayman Aggressor...
GoodViz2.jpg

Drifting off West Palm Beach...
RJP.jpg

Bonaire Surface Interval at the Hilma Hooker...
WarmDry.jpg

Hi Tom!

The 3030 is really a fantastic tropical drysuit. One of the cool things about it is the material is breathable on the surface. Often times people find the 3030 in tropical areas to be more comfortable on the surface than a wetsuit because the suit does not trap the heat. The suit is light weight, easy to don, and comfortable to wear. What more could you want!

AND...

After a day of diving, you can pop off the boat, grab dinner (or a beverage of your choice), and not have to worry about being all salty!

I agree with the above mentioned reply regarding the floaty feet concern.

Thanks,

Jessica
DUI

After a day of diving, you can pop off the boat, grab dinner (or a beverage of your choice), and not have to worry about being all salty!

On the Cayman Aggressor my buddy and I would surface from the night dive, unzip our suits and walk right to the bar for a refreshing beer, while everyone else was dripping wet, huddled under warm towels, and sipping hot cocoa!

I live in Singapore and dove with a few divers on a live-a-board using the 30/30. I will now get one. I hate putting on a wet "wet suit" and that will solve that problem. I went to the dealer today and in process of ordering one in the explorer model with the pockets and p=valve. I saw no problems with these guys diving versus my wet suit. They came up from the dive much happier than i did.

regards

Hi Bronson!

Thank you for your comments on the DUI 30/30. The 30/30 is a wonderful addition to our drysuits for all of the reasons you mentioned and so much more!

I look forward to hearing from you after you dive your new DUI 30/30!

Thanks again,

Jessica
DUI

My DUI 30/30 just arrived. Got it thru the Blue Horizon guys in Philadelphia area in a cave cut and with boots and zip seals. Fits like a glove. Can't wait to try it out in Komodo Island in September when waters will be 75 degrees. Will wait a bit as the waters in South East Asia are now a bit too warm for the 30/30 at 86 degrees.

Any problems with mounting pockets on the 30/30, either your bellows pockets or the Halcyon Expedition pockets?

Back
Top Bottom