Right now on NHK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

super7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The cenotes in Mexico's on TV.
Tec divers with BP/W with multiple deco bottles are being aired.

Great video. I watched it last night too. It was aired before...about 6months ago, I remember seeing it, but this time there was commentary. Now, if I could afford half of that equipment.

The NHK team shooting the video trained with us in Japan February 2010 and shot this video April 2010 with our colleague Mexican GUE cave divers. There is a short story at the GUE website Japanese national television features M.C.E.P divers | Global Underwater Explorers and another NHK program with video from this project will air in a few weeks:

June 6, 2010, 22:00-23:30
NHK BS-hi
"Hi Vision Special"

I do not think ANYONE can afford even half of their equipment. I visited their equipment storage during their class... it was amazing!! :D

NHK got 50 UW cameramen!! Guess how many BBC have?

Maybe I saw a different one earlier. Ok, I want to work for NHK now.

Yeah, there was another program, I think in October. Not by NHK though.

Sure you want to work for them? The stories I heard from the cameramen are not that inviting ;-)

The NHK team shooting the video trained with us in Japan February 2010 and shot this video April 2010 with our colleague Mexican GUE cave divers. There is a short story at the GUE website Japanese national television features M.C.E.P divers | Global Underwater Explorers and another NHK program with video from this project will air in a few weeks:

June 6, 2010, 22:00-23:30
NHK BS-hi
"Hi Vision Special"

I do not think ANYONE can afford even half of their equipment. I visited their equipment storage during their class... it was amazing!! :D

NHK got 50 UW cameramen!! Guess how many BBC have?

Another programme, and it's air time's longer!:shocked2:
Can't wait :D

I was mildly surprised to find out that NHK actually got to train with JUE, considering the rarity of tec divers in this country (at least from my perspective). Maybe someone on their team started diving with you and got the idea of filming the caves?

Some day, hopefully in the near future, I'll bunch up some time to attend your fundies course:wink:
(I had planned to join in on GW thru EX-Scuba, but my daughter's ballet was declared having higher priority by wife :crying2:)

Another programme, and it's air time's longer!:shocked2:
Can't wait :D

I was mildly surprised to find out that NHK actually got to train with JUE, considering the rarity of tec divers in this country (at least from my perspective). Maybe someone on their team started diving with you and got the idea of filming the caves?

Some day, hopefully in the near future, I'll bunch up some time to attend your fundies course:wink:
(I had planned to join in on GW thru EX-Scuba, but my daughter's ballet was declared having higher priority by wife :crying2:)

No they already got the plans to film in Mexico. Many of them, and their senpais, have dived in Florida and Mexico long before, most also use Halcyon gear with the vintage recycle logo    なつかしい...

Super7; you are always welcome to join! I am doing a 2 day Primer June 5/6 :D

Super7; you are always welcome to join! I am doing a 2 day Primer June 5/6 :D

Thanks. But duty calls, or should I call this an occupational "hazard", I don't get Saturdays off, with the exception of national holidays :shakehead:

I'll have to wait for the next opportunity, but I am waiting eagerly:D

Kaza

Seems that the BS-hi special has been rescheduled to
June 20 (Sun) 22:45-0:15

Ad

Ad,

thanks for the heads up. I found out NHK had rescheduled when my HDD recorder showed a different programme, but had been too lazy to re-check :D

Kaza

Back
Top Bottom