Re-Introduction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fallen

New
Reaction score
I have been a member for a while, but have been inactive. I was certified back in 1999, but have not dive since then. I have been thinking about getting re-certified, but have a few worries. I now wear contacts and am worried that when I have to clear my mask I will have issues with my eyes. I also have not done much swimming, I use to be an avid swimmer and unsure if my lungs and body ca handle getting into spending so much time in the water.

I now wear contacts and am worried that when I have to clear my mask I will have issues with my eyes.

I wear contacts as well and have no problem with them... Never had a problem clearing my mask but if it was to flood or come off then the eyes would be closed or squinting...!

lee

Fallen, no worries. i was out of the water for 12 yrs and just recently decided to get back into diving. the first thing i did was go out and did a refresher class in the pool. spent a few hours in the pool with instructor then i felt comfortable going out into the open water. have been several times since then. as for your contacts, just like previous message stated my wife dives with contacts and never lost one yet. if not comfortable with that you can always get precriptive lens for your mask. hope this helps. now go get refreshed and get wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom