Hello, new member resuming scuba diving after a long absence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you pull your old regulators out of storage or buy new ones? (and why)

Here’s the most recent posting on the Bahamas forum. It doesn’t sound very promising for Abaco, but you can get more info from some of these guys.
🐸

Here’s the most recent posting on the Bahamas forum. It doesn’t sound very promising for Abaco, but you can get more info from some of these guys.
🐸
Thanks, it does look like not much in the way of diving there. Will just have to try and contact some of the places that advertise and see what they say I guess.

Best diving in the world here. The Salish Sea offers a bounty to all who seek it out. Right now you're in the tail end of great visibility. April - October you can expect warmer water (high 50s) but also a lot of algae bloom to make every dive a low vis/night dive. Get used to carrying a light (or two) on every dive and using a compass to verify you're going in the right direction. Find the right groups to show you around and you won't be disappointed. Most of us dive year round. A lot of us can't wait for 6 gill season in July/August even with the crap visibility.

This was at Sund Rock in April 2022 around 10AM on a sunny day @65 fsw. My shoulders are at my buddy's knees here. We had a bad bloom that year.

Abyss.jpg

This was last week at Alki Fishing Reef. Nearly 50' vis and fish for days.

GX010397_1708317989825.jpg
GX010397_1708318015692.jpg

And the beloved 6 gills near Redondo.

GX010317_1694149102443.jpg
GX010317_1694149123542_2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and info. I have to admit that the poor visibility takes a little more getting used to than I expected. After one of the Dive masters lent my wife a light on our open water dive, we decided that good dive lights are one of the first dive related purchases to make.

Thanks for the pictures and info. I have to admit that the poor visibility takes a little more getting used to than I expected. After one of the Dive masters lent my wife a light on our open water dive, we decided that good dive lights are one of the first dive related purchases to make.
NiteScuba S20 is a very inexpensive light that performs well. I use one as my primary. They're $60 on Amazon. Orca Torch is another option to avoid breaking the bank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom