Advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plumb bob

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm going to be in Vancouver for a week starting the 9th of August. It is almost all going to be consumed with business but I do have one day the 10th free, so was wondering how easy it would be for a fella with no transport and next to no gear to get out for a dive or two at short notice.

Are there good local dive spots with good operators close at hand?

I'm not looking for dive sites that are amazing I'd be happy with relatively interesting critters and at least 3-5 metres vis..

Cheers
Rob

Plumb_bob,

There are a lot of good LDS's to choose from, I personally recommend The Edge in North Vancouver. They have full rentals available.

As for transportation, it might be a bit of an issue. The common local dive sites are about 25-40km north of Vancouver. Whytecliff / Porteau Cove are the two most popular.

Whytecliff - Wall dives, as deep as you want. A lot of tech divers do their deep dives here.

Porteau Cove: 3 wrecks, man made reefs, easier entry. The wrecks sit in about 30-50 feet

Visibility varies by day but lately is has been about 20-30 feet.

If you are interested and serious let me know, I believe I am free that day and can take you to one or the other for a couple of dives.

Where are you staying?

10th would work for me at the moment if Clark has something come up. Whilst I am not planning to go out that day, making sure an SB visitor gets a chance is reason enough to get gear wet.

... PM me if you wish

Excuses to go diving: ________ = valid

you can pretty much fill in that blank with anything now cant you??

The only place with rentals and a close location would be ogden point on vancouver island.

All of the sites in vancouver you'll need transportation to get to them, unfortunately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom