Official Swamper Campout Sept 10-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who haven't been watching the ARL-UT site
http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html:

According to them the lake's come up 1.5 feet so far. The thermocline was down and is now back up. Last night the surface temp was down 3 degrees, and at the lower end of the thermistor string it was 70F at 50ffw and 68F at 60ffw. Today it's still 84 on the surface and 72F at 60ffw. Looking forward to some viz reports from Lake Travis Scuba.

Never fear distant Swampers. Weather reporters are predicting a sunny weekend. :D

Thats what a wet suit is for :wink: I have a guy in from Fort Lewis Washington taking a class with me. I am trying to talk him into coming down Saturday as well.

Yeah... Lots of rain is usually bad for vis, right? That might be quite a bummer. This is to be my first dive somewhere other than CSSP. I was really hoping for a great experience. Oh well... Just have to see what happens when I get there I guess.

Lake Travis
Last Update: Sep 8 2010 11:15AM

Inflows: Inflows are below levels that require floodgate operations. Rain continues to fall, and inflows from the Pedernales River and releases from Wirtz and Starcke dams are increasing.

Gate Operations: No gate operations for flood are expected at this time.

Lake level forecast (Forecast is subject to change as conditions develop): Lake Travis is slightly above 668 ft msl, and rain continues to fall. Based on rainfall as of time of forecast, Lake Travis is forecast to rise to 672 to 674 ft msl. Forecasts may change with additional rainfall above Mansfield Dam.

Yeah... Lots of rain is usually bad for vis, right? That might be quite a bummer. This is to be my first dive somewhere other than CSSP. I was really hoping for a great experience. Oh well... Just have to see what happens when I get there I guess.

Upper level vis may be affected but lower depth vis under the thermocline should remain clear.

Swamper weekends are so much fun.

Mary how about a roll call?

Lets see who we may see this weekend at the TSD event at WPP.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Swamper weekends are so much fun.

Mary how about a roll call?

Lets see who we may see this weekend at the TSD event at WPP.

I'm there Saturday morning to dive with Robert. I will be able to hang out for a bit and possibly get 1 more dive in before I have to head back.

Are we diving out of windy point or out of LTC or both? I am assuming Robert will have a shuttle running as usual and would be down for diving both locations. Most likely I will not be down there until around 10am or so though as I do have to drive there first.

I'm there Saturday morning to dive with Robert. I will be able to hang out for a bit and possibly get 1 more dive in before I have to head back.

Same for me. I may get in 1 dive from Windy Point before I need to start the 3 hour drive back north.

Back
Top Bottom