Reviews needed for Indo Siren in Raja Ampat???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow bubble blowers.

My wife and I are looking at blowing a very large hole into our bank account and book a LOB trip on the Indo Siren to Raja Ampat.

Does anyone have any first hand reviews on
1) The Indo Siren and its RA trip specifically.
2) The Indo Siren on any trip
3) Any of the Siren boats?

I can hardly find any reviews about the Indo Siren (it is quite a new boat) or on the Siren boats in general. So far what I have read seems all positive BUT the more info the better.

It is after much deliberation and research that I have ended up being most interested in the Indo Siren. All the others, such as Arenui, Seahorse, Pindito end up being quite a bit more expensive.

MANY MANY thanks in advance for any and all info! And I promise if this dream becomes a reality I will definitely be posting a review.

Alex

I don't have any specific info.

I would say that nothing is free so there has to be a reason for lower cost. The question is just whether you are willing to deal with that reason to get the lower cost.

If you have been on liveaboards before, then you likely know the things that can vary. You've got reliability, comfort, diving, food, etc. It could be no hot water, no AC, and ramen noodles all week.

Having been out there, you will be out in RA for a while so you want a reliable boat so you can dive the whole time with no problems. As you said, it's considerable expense to get there and the boat. I saw a 2011 no hot water, no AC trip listed in the market section of either the Liveaboards or Indonesia section of the board led by one of the forum members. Check the prices for that for compare.

Lastly, yes it is worth it. If you are coming from Singapore, it's a hop skip and jump compared to us in the US. Either Komodo or RA were very good, with RA a little better IMHO.

Hey Shasta
Well if their web site ( WORLDWIDE DIVE AND SAIL ) is anything to go by its seems like a top notch operation! They have AC, hot water, even your own pc and 20" flat screen monitor in your cabin! It all sound very very good. BUT as you know you cant trust everything you read on the web, that's why I'm hoping to get some first hand reports to varify.
Dont get me wrong its still bloody expensive, its only marginally cheaper than the others! They do add in free Nitrox, soft drinks and beer, which is a nice touch.

I must say living in Singapore certainly does have its advantages! Trying to make the most of it. Off to Bangka in Oct for a week and then a very cheap & relaxing Christmas break with the family in Pulau Weh.

Lata

Alex, Worldwide Dive and Sail is a good operation for which I'm an agent (they are just down the road from me). The new Indo Siren is priced to gain market share. Her "big sister" vessel that sails to the Similans and Burma is a well established and highly sought upper-end offering here in Thailand.

I have an admission to make!
The Indo Siren is still being built in Sulawesi!! And only breaks the water in April next year!!

SO my question is who has reviews on any of the Siren boats????

Hey Nstead
I'm planning on the Christmas and New Years 2011/2012 trip so a week or two before you.
So far I really cant find a single bad thing said about them. And to date all my correspondence with them has been very good and promising!
Cant wait!

Hi To all,

I just can tell you about two Operations. Indo Siren specially Philiponnen Siren the Sister Boat is a very nice Boat too and for sure in the Upper Market Level. For sure it worth the Money. The Different to Arenui is that Arenui is more Luxury, more Space for Relaxing and enjoy the Boat Live themself. Siren is pretty good for Diving and a comfortable Stay, but not the same like Arenui is. Its a small Different to deside what anybody needs. When you just need a comfortable Boat for Diving the Siren is perfect. When you looking for more Comfort and Feeling arround the Accomondation and also a perfect Divecrew, the Arenui is the right one.

Pindito and Seahorse in my eyes doenst worth the Money. Good Dive Operstions but old Boats.

regards

Michael

Hi Joki

I can only imagine how amazing the Arenui is BUT it works out at around $2K more per person!
And my wife and I are young and we really do not need the absolute best/ luxurious boat! 2nd best for now will do just fine.

The big question is ....... is it really worth it???? For the same cash I could spend twice as long at a great land resort. AAHHH the desicions!!

Back
Top Bottom