Scallops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xjeslesx

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The scallops are still out there. I haven't been out scallop diving on the Northshore for a while. I decided to head out and see if there were any scallops left on the beds. Yes, they are still out there in numbers, between the 3 of us we got around 400-450 scallops.
Yes, we were diving by out by Misery-Bakers area. If you are from the area you know where I'm talking about.

Sweet - I've never done that - would be a blast plus tasty:vintagediver: . Found one small one in the Sound once.

Shore Dive or Boat?

I wasn't with xjeslesx during this trip but have been out with him scalloping there before. It's done by boat.

Thanks Just a scoot north from CC canal. Plus good Lobsta territory Lobsta..Scallops...mabe some flounder...Thats what I'am talkin bout!

This has been a great season on our beds! Capt. Pat

Attachments

• scallops1.jpg
    scallops1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Scallops2.jpg
    Scallops2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 78
  • scallops3.jpg
    scallops3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 80
  • scallops4.jpg
    scallops4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 81
Went out with Fran a few weeks ago. When I landed on the bottom my pal was wrestling a nice 4 pounder out from under a rock. He waved it at me and was all excited until I pointed out that it was notched. As he was letting it go I glanced down and noticed a scallop. Oh, there is another. And there is a third.

Instant change of plans. So as my pal started scurrying around looking under rocks I started filling up my bag with scallops. We were only in 30ish feet of water and I had a tank that was stuffed full of air so I had a nice long, long dive. Managed to float one overflowing catch bag to the top and fill up the second halfways before it was time to go. My buddy never did catch a legal bug.

PTN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom