Evaluation: DiveOrganizer Ver 1.8.9.1337

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naboodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Zak,

I downloaded and installed new DiveOrganizer Version 1.8.9.1337. The following are still bugs noted by me and others. The good news is one of the prior bugs is now fixed and that is the weight - it is now correct on the database and in the Diver TAB. Yes !!

Bugs unfixed and still in version 1.8.9.1337:

Under the Database drop down:
- Height on the Diver input height of 5.6 (5'6") converts to 7 ft on save (still not converting correctly).

- May I suggest that the height should be split into two fields one for feet and one for inches, displayed together to give height or enter total inches in height and convert to ft and inches.

Under the Dive Site after selection a dive:
--------------------------------------------
On the Dive Info Tab:
- As noted before - the height in Ft/inches
- The firmware version is not displaying
- Visibility field only allows meters in drop down. - This needs to allow ranges in Feet.

- The email and address (probably all fields on this tab) truncate at 18 character. This cuts off my email and address enter on the Diver information in the database.
- Surface Time in not being populated.

On the Setting Tab:
- The Depth and Temperature Units - do not display correctly as it shows meters and Celsius units but the computer is set to ft. and Fahrenheit.

On the Tank Tab:
- The Operating Tank Pressure does on save after input.
- The Tank Volume has a bunch of zeros behind it... Probably a conversion issue.

--------------
Under the Dive Chart Tab

When you trace the cursor over the lines on the graph
- the correct dive start time is not displayed - Every dive starts at 12:00 AM.
- the bar graph - print units and graph title is too small to read - What is this suppose to tell me - I think saturation?

NabooDiver

Naboodiver I don't think it makes any sense to write about those problems with dive organizer.It's because Mares doesn't give a f...k . It's another version of dive organizer and we still have same problems. Im not talking about Zak from Mares who is a great guy, and he is helping in this forum us as much as he can.Problem is with a guy who is responsible for software.You try to fix his mistakes, and work for free finding bugs in the software, when he is to lazy to use your list to correct them.

If someone from Mares wants to contact me, I am sure me or someone on my staff could update this software better for you. Depending on what language it is written in would determine if I personally did it or someone on my staff did.

Although the program no longer crashes when I resize the panels and save something...that's a big improvement.

Yes, it seems it is the same software for all the different brands - and all have issues we all (including myself) have provided feedback as though they are beta versions. Whoever programs the software apparently really doesn't care. It is a shame. We have all this technology and can't use the software to fully exploit that technology. Someone needs to fire that company that does the programming and hire one that can do the job.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom