Reviews needed for Indo Siren in Raja Ampat???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We recently returned from a trip to North Sulawesi where we ran into the Mandarin Siren boat both in Bunaken and also in Lembeh. When they were moored right off of Kungkungan Bay Resort I chatted with a couple of the crew members . They said their boat only took 8 guests max which would be a huge plus while diving. No crowds!
The boat looked very nice to me and the crew was very friendly!! I would love to be able to afford the Arenui as well, but right now a lower cost is more important especially if you have AC in your room. Have fun no matter what you decide! You will love RA. We are headed there in 2 weeks ! YEY!

Al Mitch

We are first going to Ambon to the Maluku Divers Resort. I have been there before and it is wonderful! We are then flying into Kaimana to board the boat ( the Tambora)which goes from Kaimana to Sorong. This will be an area that we have not been to before. We recently got word that we can not dive Triton Bay . There have been some problems there so they have suspended diving in the area until next year. I am sure we will still have an awesome time! The Tambora had some smoking deals so that is why we chose that boat. I have spoken to some people that were onboard in July and they had a great time????

Dear AI MITCH,
I hope to be able to put your fears to rest and I am qualified to do so having worked for Worldwide Dive and Sail for three years! Yes the SY Indo Siren is still being built and will be completed early 2011. She will be similar in size and design as her sister the SY Philippine Siren. The SY Siren the original yacht is again similar but slightly smaller taking 14 guests as opposed to 16 on the Indo Siren. The Mandarin Siren carries 6 guests and not 8.

Which ever yacht you choose from the Siren Fleet you will experience the same excellent service, facilities and overall enjoyment. All yachts offer FREE Aqua Lung equipment rental, FREE nitrox to those qualified to use it, all meals, soft drinks, fruit juice and beer. Extras not included are wine and spirits, marine park fees, massage and gratuities.

I have also been on the Arenui and she is the best I have been on BUT yes you pay for what you get and you get a different experience compared to the Siren Fleet. You can check out my recent trip report on Arenui here: http://www.facesofthesea.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=861

The Siren Fleet has a very large loyal returning customer base and that should speak volumes to you. I know you will have an amazing time with them and wish you a great time in Raja Ampat.

The WWDS website suggests that the S/Y Siren takes 16 guests, and actually can take 18, on special charters. It also says that the Mandarin Siren takes 8 guests.

It's possible that they've recently changed things, particularly on the Mandarin Siren - recent emails from them to me have suggested that the Mandarin Siren is indeed 6 berth, rather than 8.

Hi Face and Nstead

Yip the Mandarin definitely is that little bit more luxurious and intimate....... and little bit more pricey! So The Indo Siren it will have to be for now.

I am sold on the Siren yachts. They look pretty impressive. One of the nice touches I've noticed is that there is a PC in every cabin. Nice one!

I suppose the only question will be whether the dive crew they have will be sufficiently experienced in the tricky waters of RA??!

I am leaving Nov 27th for 21 days on the Philippines Siren. My sisters were on it last year and had huge raves about the boat, crew and service. I am sure any boat run by this company would be great.

I did Raja several years ago on the Odyssea 1. Unfortunately she was damaged beyond repairs in a sinking incident. Raja is quite nice. Go for it.

We were there last year and we are going back next week and again next March. There is no way I would endure the agony of getting there if it was not worth it and totally amazing! No worries! You will love it and you will be back for more!:

Thats more like it!!! Thanks Jake!

I am hi-jacking my own thread... is that allowed???
Oh well!!
If you are flying through Manado on the way to RA then you may think about staying on Bangka Island for a few days to get over your jetlag. We stayed at Mimpi Indah and here is the link to my trip report: YouTube - Mimpi Indah - Bangka Island - Oct 2010

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom