What is it? - Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know I am wary of sellers who state "I don't know much about it."

On the other hand, I bought a surplus Davey, so who am I to talk. :idk:

Sometimes you get lucky.

did you get the pump?
The seller has been slow to follow-up with details. He finally acknowledged me but without details. I at least asked for the full resolutions shots that got shrunk in his add. It's happening slow if it's happening at all.

Thanks for the input so far.

Pete

I’m no expert but the photos clearly show this “farm yard” antique piece of junk is clearly better off as a clump weight for your anchor.

The whole set up is amateur cheap and inadequate, the frame is home built and inadequate for that engine. Just look at the tube frame bend radius, no wonder there is no belt tension on the belts any more than a few pounds and you will bend the frame up so far they will be able to sell this pile of crap as an opposing V.

The filtration towers if that is what you can call it are hydraulic accumulators, cheap dirty and inadequate. Pity you haven’t a photo of a pressure or a filling connection at least seeing 1800 psi would have given you a clue. Best advise walk away.
Or live on a farm with a big tractor that has flat tyres. :) LOL Iain Middlebrook

Update, according to James he has no rebuild kits for these but has some spare parts, the "filter elements" are rated 1800 psi and known to blow up on occasion. the unit should be capable of pumping up to 4000psi if in decent condition.

...or a Cornellius (both are from US Military surplus and were originally used on-board aircraft. Parts availability? ...not sure, since both machines are loooooong discontinued)

Sorry guys, My father who was 97 fell and broke his neck in early March and passed away 3 weeks later. I am just now beginning to get back is the swing of things.
The compressor is indeed a 4 stage Kidde and a good one. I have plenty of parts for it and will rebuild it with a new drive adapter for $475 plus shipping. I would throw everything else away (except the motor???maybe). The pump is worth $350-500 bare in apparent condition. You could start from scratch with this pump and maybe the motor if at least 5.5 HP and have a good unit for less than $2000.
Let me know what you want to do
Jim Shelden

To the new buyer -- whoever you are -- someone in Massachusetts. When you get it and it doesn't work correctly. Call me before you tear it up and I'll help you get it working correctly
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

Pete, If you bought the compressor It will easily pump to 5000PSI.
I test the units I sell at 6000PSI for 1 hour continuous running before shipping.
The Filter system should be scrapped - two chamber are the old Cornelius traps that were 1800PSI rated. Modify the frame similar to my units and install a good moisture trap and filter and pump till your hearts content.
Call me if you have questions
Jim Shelden
316-992-0505

Back
Top Bottom