Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all, a couple quesitons:
We are considering Grotto Bay and Triangle Divers. I read their info and it states that the diving is 60 feet or shallower. That sounds likd of shallow, or at least its the first time we have not been deeper. Is this in any way a negative? I could see it increasing fish populations which is good, yes?

As a visiting diver, no matter where you go in Bermuda this is the depth you are dealing with...its the nature of the geography, where the wrecks and reefs are! So if you feel this is to shallow, then perhaps you should reconsider Bermuda as a destination. That being said the diving is great and Triangle does some great sites on their side of the island.

Advantages of this level of diving:

1) A bit more light
2) Longer BT
3) less gas loading

Negatives:

I am sure someone would come up with something but its not the lack of depth that would be the issue but other items such as fish life in Bermuda vs. other destinations (less here in general)...but not the lack of depth.

Negatives:

I am sure someone would come up with something but its not the lack of depth

How about $15 for a bag of ice from "The Marketplace"?

There are quite a few sites where is your ship docking in Bermuda and I will let you know what are the closet dive companies
Hello BDAfreediver! I am a new diver. I just got back from Palau and Yap and had the best time! I go to Bermuda each year for business. I am there in June for 4 days. Anyway, I hope to dive each year. I'll try and reach you this coming summer.

My Wife and I are considering going to Bermuda the second week of January. We are having little luck so far finding an operator that is open in January. Any help with finding someone open for business would be greatly appriciated. My Wife would like to participate in the wreck certificate program.

John,

Have you had any luck contacting Triangle Divers on the east end? You will appreciate their style. Graham runs a very nice operation and can offer more technical diving options if that is what you are up to on your vacation.

We did a week of diving with them in September and had a great time and collected a number of "certificates". Feel free to contact me if you want any info - diving or topside!

Yes, they E-mailed back that they will be closed for January. I was told by Dive Bermuda that there are not many tourists on the island and they will try to accomdate us.

Maybe this is not the time to go to Bermuda?

Have you checked water temperatures in Bermuda in January? I'm guessing in the low to mid 60's. Pretty darn cold. I'd go somewhere warm. Remember that Bermuda is about parallel to North Carolina. Not exactly the Caribbean...

Hello,
I'm new to this scuba board thing so bear with me please. I am interested in Bermuda. I have just looked for vacation pachages online but have no idea where to stay, how big the island is for getting around and who to dive with as far as dive trips go. I have only read about Bermuda and I think I would like to plan a trip so any help[ would be great!

Hey,

Sorry one and all for not being here to answer questions... long story short.. Laptop died, moved house, lack of internet, new laptop = lemon, waited for repairs and finally back online... its beeeeen great.

Divecountry,
the island is 24miles long you can rent a scooter or use public transportation to get around. There are buses and ferries which run on a regular schedule. The water temp at this time of year is at 63-65 depending. The air temp tends to be in the high 60s to low depending but the air temp today was up in the 70s and a beautiful day.

Other quick notes for everyone else as I've just skimmed through comments.
EMR please do try and contact me while your down, message me directly though so I don't miss it on the message board!
JohnW sorry about the lack of open dive shops but its has been a tough season for the dive ops. I know they are all trying their hardest to be open or do their best to help interested divers. I do hope you had a chance to do some diving.
Sandy We do have deep wreck diving here but its a special request so you would have to check before hand if any of the Dive ops are planning to do a deep dive as they have to make sure everyone on the boat is comfortable with such depth. THey tend to plan these types of dive ahead of time and advertise for them but best to check ahead. Fish populations are good and healthy in BDA at all depths.

ONce again I am sorry for slow response but take care and happy diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom