Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Going to Bermuda on a Norwegian cruise in June 2010 plan shore diving scuba. I would like to know about reasonable transportation with equipment maybe boat rentals tank rentals we have food and lodging covered What can you tell me beside that it is expensive there?

Dan

Hello Lemon Shark,

The Norwegian Cruise lines tend to come into the west side of the Island at Dockyard. There are a few dive places in the west end. One that I do know runs a dive boat from Dockyard is Fantasea Diving and Water sports.
There are a few boat rental places around the island but I believe they do not allow you to 'dive' from them, they are not very dive friendly boats either. Tank rentals aren't bad either but you will have to go through one of the various dive shops. I have collected their websites and they are below for you to glance through for prices etc.

Fantasea Bermuda - Professionally Operated Bermuda Chartered Boat Tours and Recreation (Fantasea operates out of Dockyard)
Blue Water Divers & Watersports : Bermuda's longest running PADI Scuba diving & watersports centre (Blue Water Divers operates out of Somerset Bridge 10 minutes from your port)
Bermuda Scuba - Dive Bermuda (Dive Bermuda operates out of the Fairmont Southampton Princess hotel located on the south shore of the island about 25 minutes or more from your port)
Triangle Diving Bermuda - Best Dive Shop (Located at the east end of the island near the airport over an hour by bus/taxi)

Hope that Helps! Let me know if you need any other info.

which of the dive shops is closest to where royal caribbean docks? (which is king's wharf according to the rc website, but i can't find out where that is on the island...)

well, i'll answer my own questions here so someone might benefit in the future.

blue water at somerset bridge is about 10-15 min from where royal caribbean docks by taxi, which costs about $15. the two tank dive was $120 including tanks & weights. you can also shore dive at the blue water at elbow beach hotel, which is a $30 taxi ride but only $25 for tanks & weights.

you definitely need more lead than you're used to needing! :D

Hello,

I live in Bermuda so if you want or need any information let me know and I will be happy to help you out in any way I can!

I love my island and I want others to enjoy its beauty both on land and in the ocean!

Divers and Non divers alike

Just send me a message or post here :D
take care
I'm taking a cruise in July, stopping at King's Wharf, Bermuda for 1-1/2 days and would like a rec on a good dive shop. Also, what are the best dives--I'm not a beginner, not advanced--just somewhere in between!

see the post right in front of yours! :wink: i was at king's wharf this week & went with blue water. it was a good op.

So I'm about to head over to Bermuda (two days away!), and I just wanted to see if anyone had any final thoughts on the dive shop to use. I will be staying in Hamilton, so somewhere around there would be great, but any good one that I can get to would do. Also, is Triangle diving not currently operating?

Last edited:
I was in Bermuda last week and dove a few times with BWD out of the Somerset Bridge location. On the whole, I had a positive experience diving with them, and would use them again if I ever went back. They had a good boat, good crew, and rental gear was in decent shape. Also their web site had an internet coupon good for 50% off regular rental gear prices, so that saved a bit of money (plus they applied this discount on top of the other 15% discount for the package rate rentals). Main reason for choosing them was the proximity of the marina to where I was staying (near Port Royal Golf Course), within about a 20 minute walk door to door via the Railway Trail.

A few tips & comments:

1. H20 temps were 68-73F at the surface, but 65-66F at depth (30'-60'). With a full 5mm wet suit (no hood) I was usually comfortably cool on the first dive, but a little chilly on the second, though I'm pretty lean with not much natural insulation.
2. One day tanks were filled to 3400+ PSI, so had plenty of air to spare. Another day they were about 2500, though since the sites were shallow never really got close to running low on air.
3. They're not kidding when they say you need extra weight (due to salinity and a thicker wet suit). I needed about 23# of lead, more than double what I'd normally require in a 3mm shorty elsewhere.
4. Group sizes were generally small (5-8 divers) so we had plenty of room on the boat.
5. Viz was pretty good; maybe 75' or more, and reefs seemed pretty healthy.

Plan to be in Bermuda via Ship Spirt on the 17th of June 2010 want to rent tank and weights for shore diving will need a dive buddy anyone interested?

I'll be in Bermuda on June 25th-26th for a quick trip. I'll be staying at the Royal Hamilton Dinghy Club and was wondering what dive charters are nearby. I'm looking to do a 1 or 2 tank dive on Saturday (26th). I know its short notice, so the likelihood of getting onto a dive is questionable, I'm just hoping I can get in on a last minute "deal"... if there is such a thing in Bermuda.

BTW, never been to Bermuda but it looks like a beautiful island and I hope to visit it again for an extended trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom