Palau weather April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMdoogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm considering booking a Palau trip April 24- May 7. Is this getting too close to the rainy season? What kind of conditions can I expect for these dates? I'm flexible in dates, and could go earlier. Please give me some advice.
Thanks,
DMDoogie

Probably 6 of one and half dozen of the other in terms of weather. Rainy season tends to be a degree or two warmer and the seas are probably a bit calmer than dry season, so it's all a tradeoff.

We were just in Palau a couple of weeks ago, and I remember our dive guide saying that the mantas are only around until the end of April, so that's something to think about.

Earlier is better. I usually shoot for late February. That said, I've gone in May twice and had outstanding weather. (You know what they say about the weather ...)

I usually go in Feb or March....but always told April-May is great weather.

I went at the end of May, first part of June and it was great diving. There was only one day where the seas were a little bit rough. From what I have heard from all who have gone there, there really is no bad time to go.

Jim

April/May is still usually Ok. Hot and still many days! A couple of spawnings going on, such as the Black Snappers at Peleliu Cut. With a little bit of luck, it is a great time to be there, with flat conditions, and far fewer divers finning your face at Blue Corner. Some time after May, the Winds will turn Westerlie, and there will be many days when you're diving the East Side, No-Name sites, and cannot make it to the Good Stuff. Do it!

Thanks, I booked with Peter Hughes April 23-30, and Sam's/Sea Passion for May 1-7. I can't wait.
DMDoogie

So, if I go in the first week of June I'm unlikely to see Manta?

Thanks

We were just in Palau a couple of weeks ago, and I remember our dive guide saying that the mantas are only around until the end of April, so that's something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom