Regulator books to borrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STwill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was looking to borrow what seem to be the two most popular regulator books. Of course the closest libraries that have them are about 1000miles away. Anyone willing to let me borrow them.

Scuba Regulator Savvy & Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair
Scuba regulator savvy (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
SCUBA regulator maintenance and repair (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]

Just buy the "Regulator Mainenance and Repair" (fifty bucks well spent) book unless you're planing on borrowing it, memorizing it and returning it, in which case you are welcome to borrow mine after I have fully memorized it. Which will be never.

just buy em, totally worth it to have the reference.

I would if I could find them in a digital format like epub or even PDF. I have found the manufacturer's repair guides in PDF so they are easy to keep around. Just figured I would gain some more insight by reading through these books.

in which case you are welcome to borrow mine after I have fully memorized it. Which will be never.

Thanks man, I can't wait! :mooner:

Most Regulator service manuals will tell you all you need to know.

Which regs do you have?

You can probably find the manual here:
http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/

When it comes to cleaning. Chuck the metal parts in a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water, maybe a drop or 2 of washing up liquid. Sit for 5 - 10 mins. Add a little toothbrush actions, rinse, dry, reassemble.

Then get your mate to try the regs on a dive :crafty:

I was looking to borrow what seem to be the two most popular regulator books. Of course the closest libraries that have them are about 1000miles away. Anyone willing to let me borrow them.

Scuba Regulator Savvy & Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair
Scuba regulator savvy (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
SCUBA regulator maintenance and repair (Book, 1999) [WorldCat.org]

These are books you want to own, not borrow. I still refer to mine, after having read both numerous times.

The repair manuals for some regs are quite good.... others not so much. Factory repair manuals assume you already have a level of understanding of regulator function and standard mechanical techniques; they are at best a simple "how-to" guide to servicing that particular reg, but lack in the "why" behind some of the procedure.

Those two books, when read together, give you the "why". I'd highly recommend NOT taking hard steel to soft marine brass until understanding the "why" of servicing and repair.

Buy the books.

Best wishes.

I own Regulator Savvy, and highly recommend it. I've glanced over the other book and would like to own it. Both give you good insight into how a reg works, but after seeing Regulator Repair & Maintenance I'd still recommend Regulator Savvy over it.

If I were just starting out again, I'd buy both. It's money well spent, ESPECIALLY if you're not a professional and don't rebuild many regulators.

Back
Top Bottom