PLEASE !!!!! make sure its yours !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been woken at three in the morning with everybody screaming and running around while the dive camp was up in flames !! Everybody grabbing stuff in the light of the surrounding trees in flames trying to evacuate the camp . Lucky for all of us nobody got hurt that night but we lost a lot of diving gear due to the fact that not a single item of mine was marked properly . I'm just so happy to be unscathed and not one person hurt but since that night all my dive gear is clearly marked !!!! An expensive lesson

Dandy - it was on shore after a boat dive where shore diving takes place. The boat op and I place the blame on the hotel where the people had a room adjacent to the shop. No one had a spare key or bolt cutters and the ONLY key was in her B C D
Everything of ours was in the safe at condo except car keys and safe keys. The origin of the post was to point out the arrogance and stupidity of some people that suround you in an otherwise fantastic sport. We have some great quotes we take away from each experience and the new one.....
"I have no idea how your dive bag got in my locker "
Hey Dandy not to change the subject but you have any good airline tips for next spring ???

Dandy - it was on shore after a boat dive where shore diving takes place. The boat op and I place the blame on the hotel where the people had a room adjacent to the shop. No one had a spare key or bolt cutters and the ONLY key was in her B C D
Everything of ours was in the safe at condo except car keys and safe keys. The origin of the post was to point out the arrogance and stupidity of some people that suround you in an otherwise fantastic sport. We have some great quotes we take away from each experience and the new one.....
"I have no idea how your dive bag got in my locker "
Hey Dandy not to change the subject but you have any good airline tips for next spring ???
Ah, ok - yeah I move our bags away from others on the dock after leaving the boat, then watch them closely in their separate pile, but caca happens.
Caca.png
I'm always willing to try to help a diver get someplace cheaper. Where do you want to go, when, from where, how long...?

Maybe time for a new thread here.
Where - Roatan , Dominica , off the path ... heck any place that my dive skin or shorty will work that I have not been to yet.
Leaving any NYC- Ideally direct / When - flexable - self employed
how long - self employed with kids, can't be more than than 7 days.
After the 5 hour continental trip without even food to purchase ( they ran out two rows before us)
I would like to aviod them - or maybe I 'll book in the front of the plane - my mistake !
Did you work in the airline biz ?
Happy 4th

Maybe time for a new thread here.
Where - Roatan , Dominica , off the path ... heck any place that my dive skin or shorty will work that I have not been to yet.
Leaving any NYC- Ideally direct / When - flexable - self employed
how long - self employed with kids, can't be more than than 7 days.
After the 5 hour continental trip without even food to purchase ( they ran out two rows before us)
I would like to aviod them - or maybe I 'll book in the front of the plane - my mistake !
Did you work in the airline biz ?
Happy 4th
Ugg that stuff they sell on planes is so bad. I eat well before flights and take a bag of trail mix.

Roatan deals are iffy now as FIBR is going thru a reorganization and no one else there does packaged discounts to brag about. I stay up on Cozumel deals pretty well, but would have to look around on others. You need to pick the destination before I try tho, unless I run across something hot...?

Something really cheap for air is when we start looking at accomodation and dive ops.
The flight is always the MAJOR $$ factor. Will keep my eyes for one of your great tips /posts
thanKs dandydon

The best site to shop air: Matrix - ITA Software

You can check all three NYC airports for departure, select multiple destinations, check for an entire month, then uncheck overnight flights.

thanks dandy don the matrix airfair finder is saweeet ! Now in my favorates tab will start my spring trip research - cat

It is a great site for shopping. Use it in multiple tabs to compare. Once you find what you want, try comparing in Kayak.com.

For some destination like Cozumel, it is often good to book packages, air & hotel together - preferably with the Orbitz 100vacation discount code to take another $100 off per room, really sweet on private rooms like I do, or CheapCaribbean.com has $50-100 discounts on packages. On Coz for example tho, always reject overpriced ground transfers; easier and cheaper to handle there. Rental cars are a big risk out of country, and never trust insurance other than what you buy from the rental agency - overpriced that it is.

Happy shopping...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom