PLEASE !!!!! make sure its yours !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catskill diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Did not see a category for MORON diver threads so I will post in general travel discussion.
Here on Curacao at the moment and had the last and best dive of the week only to come up and find my dive bag GONE ! Could care less about the bag or the mask but the keys to the car held the keys for the safe, the passports - basically everthing to get home was connected to the bag. If thats not bad enough our two young children were back at our condo wondering what the F#*K had happened to us. We immediately checked the lot to see our car was still where we left it - thank god.
At closing time the dive shop graciously gave my wife a ride back to our place. Checking each locker with my dive light I could see her bag in someone elses locker. The groups came up one by one as I waited at the dock - each one did not have locker # 10. 1 1/2 later a couple arrived back at the shore. I calmly as I could asked if they had that locker. They of course didnt know. Her response was " the locker was empty when I put my bag in it and I'm only responsible for my bag " I was loosing my cool at this point - please open it up was all I could say. Inside of course was our bag and the keys as well as all her stuff in our bag. I wondered if their buddy check was this thorough ? NOT even an apology from her !
Please before your trip gets screwed up or someone elses - check the bag is yours.I'm just gratefull they didnt drive off with it.
When we get home our black dive bags are getting a big colorfull ribbon on them. With this Moron I dont think it would have helped.

I'd HIGHLY suggest you do some shopping here when you return:

Personalized luggage tags, duffel ID tags, Scuba tags and sports bag tags from YourBagTag.com | YourBagTag.com

Personalized luggage tags, duffel ID tags, Scuba tags and sports bag tags from YourBagTag.com | YourBagTag.com - YourBagTag.com

I've stocked up on personalized mask straps and BRIGHT / monogramed luggage tags from this company...Stevie Wonder could detect my bags weren't his !!!

(I'm using luggage tags/ mask strap covers / BC tag to ID my BCD / and bright colored wetsuit zip pulls)

...also, I'm using permanent marker on things like fins/ gloves, and I've stensiled (in bright yellow paint) my name on my reg bag and my BIG soft-sided scuba luggage bag (I've stensiled my name on ALL sides of those bags, so that if the bag is upside down or whatever, my name is always visible from whatever angle.

Horrible experience...! :shocked2:

I try to mark all my gear well, including tags and colored ribbons on bags, but it can happen. Maybe I'll mark some more.

To fill someone elses bag with their stuff on top of yours ?!?
Stevie Wonder has better eyesight and is probably more humble than this wench.
Dont think the tags or ribbons would have helped here!
Just as skiing in some countries in europe - they ski over you and your stuff, practically pushing you out of the way. Leason learned - I wont put my bag down next to anyone elses again !

I carry a thin cable lock.... It won't stop a thief, but idiots have to think about things like what is this bag hooked on.

Glad that you found your stuff. We have more than one bright-colored waterproof luggage tag on each of our gear bags. I would never put my passports in with my dive gear though, those stay locked safely in the safe once I arrive on the island. You don't need them until departure time at the airport.

Glad that you found your stuff. We have more than one bright-colored waterproof luggage tag on each of our gear bags. I would never put my passports in with my dive gear though, those stay locked safely in the safe once I arrive on the island. You don't need them until departure time at the airport.

The way I read it was that they keys to the safe were in the bag, the passports were locked up in the safe.

I carry a thin cable lock.... It won't stop a thief, but idiots have to think about things like what is this bag hooked on.
Did the OP say if this was a shore or boat dive? A bag cable locked on a boat might get in the way, and then where do you put that key - or is yours combination? I doubt that the lady took the bag out of a vehicle, and locking it to something on a beach would be a problem; maybe on a dock - if it wouldn't be in the way?

I don't do many shore dives, almost all boat dives whereupon we all leave the boat at the same time, so maybe I am missing something. I have a two color ribbon combo I like to use on all bags to help find mine at an airport, or help trace them if lost, and I use that on my carry-ons to illustrate as needed in a claim, and on my boarding bags so the boat crew knows which are mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom