How much dry caving did you do prior to cave diving?

How much dry caving did you do prior to cave diving?

• None

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Tourist Interest

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Prior Dry Caver

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Current Dry Caver

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drydiver

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am curious about how many of you had experience in dry caverns/caves prior to becoming cave divers . . .

By "tourist interest" I mean you visited publicly accessible cave systems, ie Mammoth Cave, Virginia, Florida, PA, etc

By "prior dry caver" I mean you previously joined a grotto or was guided into only privately accessible caves

None. That's dangerous. You could fall and break a leg or get your hair caught in a rack.

None. That's dangerous. You could fall and break a leg or get your hair caught in a rack.

:rofl3: Yeah, I am partial to less gravity involved activities these days. I do miss the mud though :D

I went to Ruby falls once when I was about 6. That's it. I took my son earlier this year to Ruby falls and he loved it. I told my wife that a cave diver was born.
I would like to do some dry caving at some point. It is pretty far down the list of things to do though.

I went to Ruby falls once when I was about 6. That's it. I took my son earlier this year to Ruby falls and he loved it. I told my wife that a cave diver was born.
I would like to do some dry caving at some point. It is pretty far down the list of things to do though.

did you have any fascination with caves from that one visit that prompted you to do cave diving?

My poll was intended to see if any cave divers were inspired from dry caves, like myself, not really to encourage cave divers to try dry caving . . .

For some reason, dry caves don't hold near the allure to me that wet caves do.

...went to luray once...

not really a whole lot of dry cave interest. just wet!

Went to Carlsbad Caverns once in middle school - it was cool. I don't remember being in any other caves.

Thats going to change soon, without having to drive far, curiously...

There are caves that don't have water in them ???

Actually, I'm hoping to check out some dry caves sometime soon, having never been in one.

John

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom