Been wondering when these were going to come out..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes they are available but as of this date to millitary only, some of our forces are still testing them , as my bro said they ok but not the bomb , he dont like them and I leave it at that, they wear pretrty cool at dema .

It makes the diving experience similar to flying an F-14 or new Corvette. I love it. But, what does it cost?

In the UK the Suunto vytec and transmitter retail for around £550, absolute expensive mask £80, now for the conveneice factor, IMO £200, total £830, at todays exchange rate $1471.00.

VFM??????????????????????????????????????? :eyebrow:

I think for the price I will keep checking my wrist. Then again, an air integrated hoseless computer is in the $1000.00 range, so when you consider the WOW factor, it's not bad. Hope the Navy likes it, buys alot of them, and brings the price down for the rec divers. Would need to try it out to see if the old eyes can read it that close.

billseamon:
Hope the Navy likes it, buys alot of them, and brings the price down for the rec divers.
Here here! Let's all lobby our congressmen for more military anti-terror spending (which certainly isn't hard NOW), and give endorsements to buy (and more importantly field test) thousands of these thingies. They should also enlist the aid of recreational divers to help out with this... testing. Not one to shirk from my patriotic duty, I volunteer!

As cool as I think this would be to have, wouldn't it be a biyatch if your mask leaked? :wink:

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom