Been wondering when these were going to come out..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, this thing looks pretty cool. I would have thought it another stupid dive gimmick, but if it's good enough for the freaking U.S. Navy...

I love reading about its development. Never would have thought about sticking the display in a little nook off to the side; I hope this will allow different sorts of lenses to be swapped out of the housing without too much fuss.

These got mentioned in a thread about the future of diving.

IMO these will become the norm in recreational diving, I'am still waiting to get my hands on a set, until then i'll hold judgement, but........... If these do work and are comfortable then they will be an asset to divers.

Only my 2 cents

Randyp1234:
Hasn't there been some sort of HUD mask promised for years?
Yes, from Cochran.

A heads-up display is fine, but I'd rather mount it to the 2nd stage (preferably with some sort of mount that can be changed to another 2nd (gas switch or bailout). Masks get lost or damaged to easily.

Two things I thought of when I first saw this mask (other than what a cool idea)...
Gee the filed of view looks dissappointingly narrow and...
What a shame it would be if it happned not to fit your face well.

One of the reasons I chose Oceanic over Suunto when buying my computer was that Oceanic seemed to have some exciting ideas in the works. The three transmitter, air integrated computer looks promising as well. I thin it is out in a month or two?

JAG

caveseeker7:
A heads-up display is fine, but I'd rather mount it to the 2nd stage (preferably with some sort of mount that can be changed to another 2nd (gas switch or bailout). .

How would it be mounted to the second stage?

Hope you have perfect eyesight. For those of us that are at that age where our arms aren't long enough to read the Sunday paper, these gizmos just may be impractical.

The Kracken:
Hope you have perfect eyesight. For those of us that are at that age where our arms aren't long enough to read the Sunday paper, these gizmos just may be impractical.

Ah... farsightedness. Ugh. They seem to have dealt with the nearsightedness issue pretty well, however.

Back
Top Bottom