R109 Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pop-n-jack

Contributor
Reaction score
North of the Mason-Dixon, South of Canada
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have been reading thru the forums, and other places, and am still having trouble finding some parts. I know the LDS reply, but I am more looking if someone has parts laying around they would like to move, or know of an online retailer or something along that line.

I have a Balanced Adjustable R109, and am looking for the exhaust tee and exhaust diaphragm (but possibly other parts if someone has them, including a diaphragm). I currently have the blue poppit, that has one o ring on the end.

I figured there may be more luck posing in this section v. the Wanted/For Sale secion.

Thanks in advance!

well, regrettably you missed the group buy we did about 4 months ago......

Dale, Thanks, I will look into getting one of those rebuild kits. And, Bob, I saw that purchase that you are referring to referenced on some other posts, so I am hoping someone had extras or something along those lines...maybe I will just have to wait till the next order.

Thanks guys!

Send me an e-mail with what you need and an e-mail contact for you and I can see what I can come up with - but I should have something available.

PM's don't work well as since the last ad heavy upgrade, the site here is now slow on my work computer and really slow on my net book with air card, so i voisit here only infrequently and often do not check my PMs when here.

Thanks, I looked around on the forum, but can't find your email. I will try sending a PM with my email, and maybe those are forwarded to your email. If it works out for you to see the post, my email is: cullinan(dot)22(at)osu(dot)edu.

I think I just need the Exhaust diaphragm and the exhaust tee. I got the regular diaphragm cleaned up last night, and I had thought it was deteriorated, but once I got the crud off of it, it looked OK for use. And, I can get the service kits off of vintagedoublehose.com (as suggested to me).

If I get the service kit, am I ok still using the blue poppit that I have currently?

Or if anyone has DA's email, please PM me with it.

The diaphragms last a loooong time. Out of the dozen or so seconds I have, there's only 1 defective, and that's because I (accidentally) poked a hole in it.

I have a Balanced Adjustable R109...

I'm sorry, but although this will be of no use to you, I still have to chime in.

You have come up with a portmanteau of model names. The Balanced Adjustable was called the 150. The 109 was adjustable but non-balanced. And the graphite non-balanced modern regs are the only ones to carry the R- designation (R-190, R-380...).

The Regulators

The 26mm exhaust valve is what you need. Also, you will need the new S-wing poppet assembly to replace to old blue poppet as the seat on the blue poppet is not replaceable,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom