Fort Wetherill report, Divers Cove saves the day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guggie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My kids and I dove Ft. Wetherill yesterday and met up with New England Aquarium Dive Club for their tropical fish rescue. Beautiful weather, water temp 63, vis about 10-15 feet. More than a dozen spotfin butterfly fish were rescued and one damsel fish. We dove from the the westerly beach in the eastern cove and circled around the island back to the western cove. We didn't plan on going around the island, but by merely following the wall at 20 feet or so you miss the "channel" between the island and the point. The day started off on the wrong note when I realized I had brought almost every piece of dive gear I own for my family and I except for MY mask! A group from Divers Cove of Essex, CT, loaned me a mask they had. Another diver with them offered one to me as well. The fit was great and I returned it to them at the end of the day while they were diving at Ft. Getty nearby. Big "OK" to those guys. They seem like a good operation and clearly showed good customer care to a stranger no less.

Last edited:
We dived there about this time last year, with friends looking for tropicals too. When we were there a fire dept dive team was also there and viz on the western side of the peninsula was @zero. I had one of the fire divers appear inches from my face, start shaking me, then realize I was not who he thought I was, and disappear again in the silt. Whatever viz there had been was instantly wiped by those guys mucking around.

We went out and around the point on our second dive and had a much better dive.

Thanks for your report.

Double that kudos on the Diver's Cove crew.

They are a great bunch of divers to dive and get involved in scuba with.

Divers Cove, Great People, outstanding service and dedication to the customer makes them stand out from the rest!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom