i tried to fly out today and i ended up being bent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, no Sparkle, sorry - I was posting to BlueParadiseDivers but failed to think that we had 2 Blues, here. My bad.

Kell cannot download his computer so he cannot share much more than he has I don't think. Whatever caused his hit may go unknown, but you know about slow ascents, deep stops, surfacing in the green, hydration, rest, etc. I don't think you have any worries.

One thing I picked up from Dr.Deco who was a co-founder of Scubaboard and an accomplished expert from deco work with NASA and more is what he called the "Silent Safety Stop" I think: Resting on the surface with no physical activity for a full minute once up, then taking it easy on the ladder and beyond.

24 hrs. 24 hrs. 24 hrs. Heed and take Heed
If your studies are superior to DAN's, perhaps you can share you work with them? :shakehead:

DAN studies show no safety improvement in waiting longer than 18 hours to fly following repetitive no-deco recreational diving.

the problem happened at fort lauderdale airport that is where we took off from and landed back at they said west palm was closer then Miami which Im told those are the only 2 for dsc

I recently discovered that apparently the ONLY reason that St. Mary's in West Palm has deco service is because when it was sold to a for-profit corporation, some administrator had the foresight to require them to keep it! Otherwise, all of who dive in PB county would be thinking of Miami.

Are there still two operational treatment chambers (Mariners and Fishermans) in the Keys?

I guess I have to write something here in order for it to post.
It's a long thread and late arrivals like scubamanbo aren't likely to read it all, and I may forget some of it - but I think he late said that he just had DAN membership, not insurance, but his primary was covering him well. I think he got DAN preferred after.

I don't mean to sound self serving. That is not my attempt. I own and operate a charter airline in The Bay Islands of Honduras. I fly a twin engine Britten Norman Islander between Utila, Roatan, Guanaja and the main land. We're based on Utila so most of our passengers are divers. We ask divers about most recent dives but most importantly we fly at low altitudes. We normally fly at 1,500 feet with divers aboard. I realize a commercial airline is another thing altogether. but I wanted to point out to everyone that when boarding a smaller aircraft, as many do between these islands, let the pilot know if you have any concerns.
I apologize, this is posted to the wrong thread. I was replying to the recent thread of a diver that had to have his commercial airline flight diverted.

Last edited:
The Air Force requires at least 24 hours between the last dive and flying for it's air crews because of the lowered cabin pressure (1000' altitude equivalent). I believe most certification agencies recommend at least 12, 24 if possible for the same reason.:no:

Somehow the :no: looses its effectiveness when your post contains multiple factual errors. I don't know what the air force standard is for cabin pressure, but 1000' altitude equivalent is not a lower pressure than 8000' in any case, its a lot higher pressure. Anyway Air Force air crew requirements are bound to be very different from commercial airline flight passenger requirements. I would guess many Air Force plans are not pressurized at all, with the additional weight and chance of catastrophic decompression in battle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom