Which diveplanner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

free deco software, do you really want to trust your life to a free download? I paid for GAP, it was worth it and so am I.
the problem is not : free or not free.

you can choose between software you can truth, or not.
you can pay for software full of bugs, or have free software checked by the communauty with reliable sources.
or the inverse.

I can say without hesitation that the choice should be made with software usability in mind. Pick something that is intuitive to you and stick with it. This is based on our review of the commercial products with nitrox dives.

Hobbs and Gault:
The profiles are not iso-risk. The maximum risk appears with greatest depth/ bottom time. The lowest risk was not necessarily on the shortest/ shallowest combination. We can suggest that with the estimated risk being similar, other product features can be used to select which software to use (although this trial was nitrox only).

Hobbs GW, Gault KA. Decompression Risk Evaluation of Commercially Available Desktop Decompression Software Algorithms. Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Undersea and Hyperbar Med 2009; 36(4): 321 RRR ID: 8233

Here's a list & links for various purchase and shareware/freeware deco software...

Decompression Software
Hi,
what do I need to do to get divePAL added to this list?
Do you need to see the tech version of divePAL?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

free deco software, do you really want to trust your life to a free download? I paid for GAP, it was worth it and so am I.

As I stated in my initial question, I won't trust my life to it, because I only wanna have a look and do some experimenting, that is behind the laptop NOT underwater.

free download the v planner
you can compare your stop times with different gas mixes
calculate your run times
just over all check out what is involved with hang times
i think this is what you were asking
not how to use tables
find a good instuctor
that free advice is priceless!
have fun
yaeg

Back
Top Bottom