Reg? ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwbrewer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, it's made by scubapro clearly, it's ~10lbs of brass, but other than that, what is it? It's got an HP port in one end, the other end has some sort of gas fitting, and an Audio port. Yes, Audio. So, what is it?

WTF.jpg

I think it was called a MK VII. Audio meant that when you got down to reserve pressure (300 PSI, if I remember) the regulator would honk with each breath.

It is a Scubapro Mark vll or 7.It has an audio alarm and virbrates when the pressure gets below 350 psi.It came out in the early 70's.Yes a heavy first stage.:cool2:

Yup, it's a Mk VII honker. Cant get the parts for the audio (honk) part anymore. IIRC the air part is basically a Mk V. Fun to play with if you can get it ti honk :eyebrow:

Looks like someone was using it to power an air hose which may explain the outer condition. Inside, it is a Mk5 on one side and the "honker" mechanism on the other. And it has the much more usable heavy yoke. I have a couple of them that I use occasionally.

awesome, thanks! I got it with some other "scuba stuff" in a trades for some brewing stuff I wasn't using. I think it will make a nice desk piece, I don't plan to attempt a rebuild.

Thanks for the catch on the air hose fitting awap. I was thinking what it might be, missed that one :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom