Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your photo of the seahorse looks like Momma...

Whoo hooo.. gotta love diving with the J's!!!

Working on the Macro setting on my camera and finally liking the results.

401204_10150471990398531_564528530_8584117_203432594_n.jpg

With macro, unretouched. (yeah, I know a little fuzzy.. working on that... LOL)
402439_10150471988713531_564528530_8584102_1377027174_n.jpg

And the setting I've used in the past...unretouched..
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379942_10150471989038531_564528530_8584105_1700192278_n.jpg[img]

seaweed blenny
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396636_10150471990793531_564528530_8584120_1239745579_n.jpg

387455_10150471987883531_564528530_8584093_910212759_n.jpg

I had a great dive today at the BHB especially for my first time there. It was nice to meet Scuba_Jenny, Scubajum and jet1. Too bad I misread the tides but there is always next time. Took few pics. I'm sure you guys have seen them all before but I was blown away.Blue Heron Bridge 009.jpgBlue Heron Bridge 033.jpgBlue Heron Bridge 042.jpgBlue Heron Bridge 046.jpgBlue Heron Bridge 071.jpg

Good meeting you! Nice pics!!! Glad you enjoyed the dive! Love the octo pic!

I had a great dive today at the BHB especially for my first time there. It was nice to meet Scuba_Jenny, Scubajum and jet1. Too bad I misread the tides but there is always next time. Took few pics. I'm sure you guys have seen them all before but I was blown away.

Hi Pony -
Nice meeting you. Here is the link to the easy tide tables we were telling you about. This way you don't have to scroll through old postings to find it:
Tides for Port of Palm Beach (Lake Worth)

Just hover your cursor over the day and the times pop up.

So I became a bit navigationally challenged today and accidentally went to Sponge Garden...it is lovely!
Viz was about 40 today and temp was 73. The current really came up after the tide changed. We had a short dive at 100 minutes because Tom's 2nd stage was being balky.

Sponge Garden Family
Blue Heron Bridge Sponge Garden Eel.jpg
You just gotta love the bridge!

Jim and Tom saved my butt yesterday. My gear slipped to the bed of my truck while donning. SSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Yup! O-ring. Slipped off the first stage to my reg to get the O-ring out. No dice. After some expletives I opened my truck to find something thin enough to get the ring out. No go. I tried my knife. Nah, that didn't work. Then yelled down to Jim and Tom. Tom whipped out his O-ring kit and produced this neat little hook tool that successfully extracted the that pesky little circle. Ok. So I insert my ring and stand the tank up to put the first stage back on. O-ring falls out and it's gone because I can't see s*#$ without my glasses. "Hey Tom, got an O-ring I can use?" What a morning but thanks to the "good guys" the dive was saved.

Jim and Tom saved my butt yesterday. My gear slipped to the bed of my truck while donning. SSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Yup! O-ring. Slipped off the first stage to my reg to get the O-ring out. No dice. After some expletives I opened my truck to find something thin enough to get the ring out. No go. I tried my knife. Nah, that didn't work. Then yelled down to Jim and Tom. Tom whipped out his O-ring kit and produced this neat little hook tool that successfully extracted the that pesky little circle. Ok. So I insert my ring and stand the tank up to put the first stage back on. O-ring falls out and it's gone because I can't see s*#$ without my glasses. "Hey Tom, got an O-ring I can use?" What a morning but thanks to the "good guys" the dive was saved.

We do try our best glad we could help. :glasses:

Kelly and I are planning on going Sat and Sun from the park.
Hope to see some cool new critters now the water is getting colder.
Was told there were a colony of sailfin blennys but it is still eluding me, any better directions?
John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom