Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the off-season rates kick in after May 1. Anyone ever stay at the Singer Island Resort? On the map it looks perfectly situated for a long weekend visit to BHB.

At least Jenny got to see a tongue fish!
Liked the eel, thats a new one to me.
Am hoping to go next weekend.
John

I will be in the area from January 31st to Feb 10th and hope to get a few dives in at the BHB. Jim, let me know if you are available during the week as I will be busy cleaning and evaluating the new house over the weekend.
Feb 6th -10th look good tide wise and right now I don't have students booked so those might be days to consider...pm me or email and we'll set something up.

At least Jenny got to see a tongue fish!
Liked the eel, thats a new one to me.
Am hoping to go next weekend.
John
Yes! Thanks for mentioning them! I would have had to ID them after seeing them, but thanks to your post, as soon as I saw them I knew what they were! :thumb:

Looks like the off-season rates kick in after May 1. Anyone ever stay at the Singer Island Resort? On the map it looks perfectly situated for a long weekend visit to BHB.

Insta,

Water temps should be good by mid April, so May will work that way. We are www, warm water wimps. I looked at the log a few days ago, and last year by mid April; we were diving the bridge regularly. Jan, Feb, and March we were out of the water. Early April, we went once...........

WOW! What a difference a setting on the camera makes. Have an older Oly SP-350, no strobe. Been using the Underwater Wide 1 setting for my photos. Tried the Macro setting a few times, but everything was out of focus. Was talking to a photographer the other day at the bridge and she mentioned a friend shot a lot of published photos using the same camera on the macro setting.. "really?" I thought, maybe I need to revisit it.. So, the past two dives most of my shots have been on the macro setting. What a difference. Needed to back up a little bit, but the color is so much better and the edges much more crisp. Photos coming soon....

The Bouyancy Babes rock!We had a great dive lasting 2 hours...water temp was 73 and viz varied to about 35 feet.We saw a lovely pipefish (always a treat), a stargazer (I think Northern cause spots are so regular), sharptail eels, banded jawfish, common octopus, a number of batfish and all the usual angelfish.Thanks Babes...you two dive as slowly as I do...sorry I couldn't get you to sponge garden, we will get there next time.

Banded Jawfish Blue Heron Bridge Banded Jawfish.jpgCommon OctopusBlue Heron Bridge Octopus.jpgGiant Hermit CrabBlue Heron Bridge Giant Hermit Crab.jpgDiamond PipefishBlue Heron Bridge Diamond Pipefish.jpgNorthern StargazerBlue Heron Bridge Northern Stargazer...jpg
Longsnout Seahorse
Blue Heron Bridge Longsnout Seahorse.jpg

Tube Dwelling AnemoneBlue Heron Bridge Tube Dwelling Anemone.jpgShortnose BatfishBlue Heron Bridge Shortnose Batfish.jpgPlumed ScorpionfishBlue Heron Bridge Scorpionfish.jpgSharptail EelBlue Heron Bridge Sharptail Eel.jpgIt's a tough job diving with the Bouyancy Babes but someone has to do it.:loopy:9

Last edited:
The Bouyancy Babes rock!We had a great dive lasting 2 hours...water temp was 73 and viz varied to about 35 feet.We saw a lovely pipefish (always a treat), a stargazer (I think Northern cause spots are so regular), sharptail eels, banded jawfish, common octopus, a number of batfish and all the usual angelfish.Thanks Babes...you two dive as slowly as I do...sorry I couldn't get you to sponge garden, we will get there next time.

It's a tough job diving with the Bouyancy Babes but someone has to do it.:loopy:9

A pleasure as always Jim. And thanks again for the zip!

seahorse.jpg

Hey you two get a room!
2crabs.jpg

green olive seastar
seastar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom