Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me try it this way. For those that use the online tide charts.

I am looking at Feb 3,4 & 5th but it looks like it gets dark too soon and those days (Fri Sat Sun) are a bust unless you are allowed to be there after sundown. Would this be correct? High tide is too close to or just after sunset on those days. Please verify so I can know the rules.

I am looking at Feb 3,4 & 5th but it looks like it gets dark too soon and those days (Fri Sat Sun) are a bust unless you are allowed to be there after sundown. Would this be correct? High tide is too close to or just after sunset on those days. Please verify so I can know the rules.
You can not be at the park after dark unless you have a permit. LDSs do have night dives at the park but you must get a permit from them.

The tides are getting late on the days you mention, I'd wait until Monday the 6th and dive the mornings after that if you are able.

You can not be at the park after dark unless you have a permit. LDSs do have night dives at the park but you must get a permit from them.

The tides are getting late on the days you mention, I'd wait until Monday the 6th and dive the mornings after that if you are able.

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the confirmation of my suspicion and your knowledge of the diving. I will be in town until the 10th so I am sure I can get a day or two in by then at the BHB. I'll give you a call as we get closer to that day.

I usually use the printed tables free from SeaTow that Force E often has available. They all vary a bit and it's not terribly unusual that they are all wrong to some degree. Friday, Feb. 3rd, high is 4:39pm, Saturday 5:35pm, etc. Friday would be doable as one would be getting out at dusk. Saturday and Sunday not as it would be dark, BUT; I'm guessing someone has a sponsored nite dive on Saturday--check Force E's facebook. Take a look at the site for Phil Foster Park--the hours and exceptions are listed there. The days right now are short but getting longer--so when it warms up a bit--if the late tide is around darkness, the next morning hi tide will be in daylight and the park is OPEN!! Monday the 6th of Feb. hi tide is 7:04AM for example. That's a little too early as it's just getting light by then. By Wed though hi tide is 8:29AM. Now, staying warm is another story!!

Thanks. Not worried about staying warm during an early am dive. I am diving dry and am thrilled not to be cutting a hole in the ice that time of year.
lol. Welcome to Sofla. Embrace it.
You are within pissing distance of some world class diving. Be sure to check out Jupiter. Lots of Treasure Coast Divers go no further South than Jupiter for a day trip. Not taking away from bhb. I am a troll, but if the tides don't work for a weekend, Jupiter is spectacular.
I don't know if you are just here for season, but be sure to do a Lemon dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom